Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He steered the club through troubled times and built a few very good sides on the cheap
iYmsV7i.gif

What has fonseca done that's so much better?

Failed to get promoted from the Portuguese 2nd Division with a bigger club than estoril who Silva took to Europe from the bottom tier of that division in 3 seasons. Then got sacked by Porto for poor league performances. He did subsequently win the cup with Braga.

Then he joined shaktar and did well with a squad amassed by his predecessor. His record in my mind is slightly poorer than Silva's. I like them both. Marco more.

If Silva is the man he needs our support.

My gut feeling is he'll be inconsistent and we'll win some games 3-1 then lose some 4-2 and will probably finish anywhere from 7th at very best to about 10th if we have a poor season. Decent cup runs until we face a side who hit us on the break/ can out score us.

Reality is we need to sack off Bolasie and Tosun and bring in 2 quality forwards who can score and possibly Siggurdsson replaced by a more fluid no10 like a Lanzini/Coutinho type midfielder.

We'll certaintly be more entertaining to watch but unless Moshiri popcorns us all im concerned if we let West Ham go for Fonesca who seems the better option.

Either Silva or Fonseca is a risk. Silva due to his style and patchy record. Fonseca because he's never managed in the PL. Both are a risk but we have to take some kind of risk or we will become mired, we might already be given the shambles at board and DOF level but we have to give a manager three years to build something.

Really going for it tonight Kev. lol

CompetentRapidAfricancivet-max-1mb.gif
This was the one appointment I just wasn’t prepared to accept. It will do damage far worse than Martinez or Koeman if it is not brought to a halt asap. I.e. as soon as we hit the bottom 3.

As a fan base we have suffered enough in recent years to be insulted with this.

Failed to get promoted from the Portuguese 2nd Division with a bigger club than estoril who Silva took to Europe from the bottom tier of that division in 3 seasons. Then got sacked by Porto for poor league performances. He did subsequently win the cup with Braga.

Then he joined shaktar and did well with a squad amassed by his predecessor. His record in my mind is slightly poorer than Silva's. I like them both. Marco more.
Dont let some facts youve posted mate get in the way of the girls crying on here..

Very little between them anyway that's for sure. Shatkar are a wealthy club. They should be competing in Europe

At least Roberto and Koeman were proven managers in this league. Silva has a relegation and a sacking as his CV and Fonseca has never even been here.

But hiring British managers is unfashionable nowadays, as is earning a good team through good management. Everyone just wants to spend the way to success

Either Silva or Fonseca is a risk. Silva due to his style and patchy record. Fonseca because he's never we managed in the PL. Both are a risk but we have to take some kind of risk or we will become mired, we might already be given the shambles at board and DOF level but we have to give a manager three years to build something.

TO be honest...It probably boils down to Premiership Experience :rolleyes:..Silva..Fonseca..who else...perhaps Silva is considered a good compromise ...compared with Fonseca the untried (Possibly unknown)

Couple things about Silva. Watford had zero talent on defense. Maybe that's Silva's fault, but it's not like they had a ton of cashola on hand to buy players.

His team played hard and were entertaining for sure. Would love for him to bring Doucoure with him.

But honestly, what matters more is how his tactics are. Brand is going to acquire the players I would hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back