Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton that like. Fella has been free for months and months. We need as much time as possible with new management team due to massive squad overhaul needed, world cup and shortened transfer window.. Still no sign of him being announced any time soon. We're really not very good at getting managers in are we.

Everton that like. Fella has been free for months and months. We need as much time as possible with new management team due to massive squad overhaul needed, world cup and shortened transfer window.. Still no sign of him being announced any time soon. We're really not very good at getting managers in are we.
Brands is the one who will be responsible for moving players on/bringing them in

Perhaps, though there were not that many in the side from his first season that needed binning. If he had kept that same style and signed Deulofeu permanently (or an upgrade on him) we would have done much better than we did.
We faded toward the end of that season, so some pruning and additions were required. Purely from a control of the dressing room pov he should have been looking to get more than Distin out. Osman, Baines, Howard, Jagielka: all should have been punted and replaced with his own men. He naively thought they'd remain loyal to him when we hit an extended poor run of form.

No one really knows what everton have been doing in the background. Silva could have been assessing and scouting for months equally he could have been tending his garden. Same as Brands, its been an open secret he's been coming for months, who to say he has not been prepping for ages.

All I can say is that if he is the man, then I'll support him fully.

No one really knows what everton have been doing in the background. Silva could have been assessing and scouting for months equally he could have been tending his garden. Same as Brands, its been an open secret he's been coming for months, who to say he has not been prepping for ages.

All I can say is that if he is the man, then I'll support him fully.
This is one of the reasons I hope it is Silva: he cant have been idle in the last 6 months. He'd have been getting together info on who he wanted retained and who he needs to bring in.

When he is confirmed I can imagine a lot of swift decisions on departures and arrivals.

I am relatively comfortable now about Silva also.

Of the categories of manager available, I'd rather we went for potential than play it safe, which will just get us nowhere.

I am sceptical about the process behind the choice again though - just going for the next available manager generally seen to have done ok in the Premier League, assuming they are impressed with the job he did at Hull mostly.

Nobody will be party to the reasons behind the appointment but in private if they had done their research on him and it is felt that he at least might be the next big thing and has the ability, it would obviously be much more of a sound basis on which to appoint him.

I would still rather gamble to an extent though so fine with bringing him in. If he can work in tandem with Brands then that's another reason to feel less concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.