Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the 20 mins highlights of the Everton 3 Watford 2 game and I can see where the spring loaded midfield and attack makes sense. Some of watfords fast attacks had around 4 players in our box with the rest of the team pushing on to half way. They should have buried us that game but the tide turned with Niasses tenacity and with Lookman adding more quality as sub. It was one of those lucky games for us. I am looking forward to see us attack in numbers after the Allardyce anti-football punt.

If the would have left Goodison with 3 points and 5 goals I don’t think anyone could have complained. They took us to bits on the counter

BREAKING NEWS

Everton are closing in on appointing Marco Silva as their new manager with his chances of replacing Sam Allardyce rated “99 per cent” by those close to the deal.

Sky Sports News understands he is yet to discuss the specifics regarding transfer funds available to the club this summer, but that is expected to happen soon.

I'll get behind him but Moshiri has nowhere to hide if this guy flops. Appointing Alladyce was bad enough but should this guy fail they'll be big question marks asked imo.

BREAKING NEWS

Everton are closing in on appointing Marco Silva as their new manager with his chances of replacing Sam Allardyce rated “99 per cent” by those close to the deal.

Sky Sports News understands he is yet to discuss the specifics regarding transfer funds available to the club this summer, but that is expected to happen soon.
Why would transfer funds be of any relevance to him, is that not DOF work?

Exactly
That’s one of the reasons Arteta pulled out of the Arsenal running and why we never approached him.
Moshiri wants someone who knows what he’s doing to spend the money.
Every manager since Moyes has wasted money.
Moyes has some bad buys but not on the scale of his successors

I'll get behind him but Moshiri has nowhere to hide if this guy flops. Appointing Alladyce was bad enough but should this guy fail they'll be big question marks asked imo.
That’s why I’m not so sure it 100% certain he will be appointed.
I think Moshiri will listen to Brands
Maybe Brands has someone else in mind or maybe Brands will say give Silva a 2 year deal and give me time to sort the squad out and find a manager to push us on

That’s why I’m not so sure it 100% certain he will be appointed.
I think Moshiri will listen to Brands
Maybe Brands has someone else in mind or maybe Brands will say give Silva a 2 year deal and give me time to sort the squad out and find a manager to push us on
I'm not 100 per cent. I'm 99.99999999.
Only way he's not appointed Is if he's struck with lightning or knocked down by a bus..
It's done

The manager will certainly have some input into signings, even if the final say rests with Brands. He's also likely to want an understanding of the quality of player he's going to be dealing with before he commits to saying he can meet his objectives. No good saying he'll have us challenging the top 4 if he's got to make do with the current squad because that will not be happening.

The manager will certainly have some input into signings, even if the final say rests with Brands. He's also likely to want an understanding of the quality of player he's going to be dealing with before he commits to saying he can meet his objectives. No good saying he'll have us challenging the top 4 if he's got to make do with the current squad because that will not be happening.
I think the way it’ll work is that Silva will tell Brands he needs a player say CB who has certain qualities
Fast , dominant in the air, can pass a ball etc.
He may even make a couple of suggestions but Brands will do the scouting the data and character checks and present Silva with the player and say
There you go work away with him
Brands will want to keep the style of play and age profile consistent so there is a seamless change when a player or manager leaves

12:44

MORE ON SILVA

More to add to our early report that Marco Silva was extremely close to completing his move to Everton...

The Toffees are working towards an announcement before the end of the week.

Silva has spoken to director of football Marcel Brands and discussed how they are going to work together, with Brands officially taking up his role on Friday.

His next discussions with Silva will centre on transfer strategy/targets and budget.

I think the way it’ll work is that Silva will tell Brands he needs a player say CB who has certain qualities
Fast , dominant in the air, can pass a ball etc.
He may even make a couple of suggestions but Brands will do the scouting the data and character checks and present Silva with the player and say
There you go work away with him
Brands will want to keep the style of play and age profile consistent so there is a seamless change when a player or manager leaves
But the point was that the manager is still likely to want to know what level of player he's going to be dealing with. He's more likely to be happy if the fast, dominant, passing centre half he's given cost £40m than he is if he's expected to turn a £250k version into Bobby Moore.

12:44

MORE ON SILVA

More to add to our early report that Marco Silva was extremely close to completing his move to Everton...

The Toffees are working towards an announcement before the end of the week.

Silva has spoken to director of football Marcel Brands and discussed how they are going to work together, with Brands officially taking up his role on Friday.

His next discussions with Silva will centre on transfer strategy/targets and budget.
I thought Moshiri had stopped ringing Jim White.
SSN spout some pure crap at times
Could be true but it’s pure speculation and guesswork on their part

I thought Moshiri had stopped ringing Jim White.
SSN spout some pure crap at times
Could be true but it’s pure speculation and guesswork on their part
Doesn't have to be from White it could be from anywhere and Sky have been given the nod by someone at the club. It could be pure conjecture or it could be genuinely true. Whatever it is its on SSN so thought I would share

But the point was that the manager is still likely to want to know what level of player he's going to be dealing with. He's more likely to be happy if the fast, dominant, passing centre half he's given cost £40m than he is if he's expected to turn a £250k version into Bobby Moore.
I think any manager coming to Everton knows he’s is going to have second tier players and some young unknowns to work with
We are not signing the likes of Fred or Bobby L nor are we signing Troy Deeney or Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back