Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
So highly rated his teams conceded 80 goals in 42 league matches?
I cannot contain my excitement.

I remember Martinez arrive with similar reputation after winning the FA cup.

Spooking similarity. With impressive article everywhere on the internet.

To be honest that goal conceded ratio is fit for relegation, nothing else but relegation.

Any news on Mrs B and the house hunting Neil ?.

Rumours are that he`s looking at living no more than 20 mins away from FF.

That means a choice of :

Runcorn. ( Wool )
Widnes. ( Wool )
Cronton. ( Wool )
Prescot. (semi Wool )
Whiston (semi Wool )
Rainhill ( semi Wool )
Huyton. ( Would need to get an off road motorbike and practice doing wheelies )
Hale. ( too close to Speke )
Speke. ( Sports Direct would go out of business without Speke )
Hunts Cross. ( sound, but nowhere posh enough )
Woolton. ( bookies favourite )
Allerton. ( bookies second favourite ).

You'd think i would know more about these areas being an actual agent of the estates and an actual definite resident of the greater liverpool area..

but this helps alot(thanks)

He's still wants to live in the famous Dutch quarter, i keep telling him this doesnt exist, but he is adamant.

I'm gonna tell him to go with Huyton and hope theres plenty of people smoking 'funny cigarettes' to fool him into thinking he's in little amsterdam

Any news on Mrs B and the house hunting Neil ?.

Rumours are that he`s looking at living no more than 20 mins away from FF.

That means a choice of :

Runcorn. ( Wool )
Widnes. ( Wool )
Cronton. ( Wool )
Prescot. (semi Wool )
Whiston (semi Wool )
Rainhill ( semi Wool )
Huyton. ( Would need to get an off road motorbike and practice doing wheelies )
Hale. ( too close to Speke )
Speke. ( Sports Direct would go out of business without Speke )
Hunts Cross. ( sound, but nowhere posh enough )
Woolton. ( bookies favourite )
Allerton. ( bookies second favourite ).
Take that back about Hunts Cross :rant:

Could be Frodsham btw ;)

You'd think i would know more about these areas being an actual agent of the estates and an actual definite resident of the greater liverpool area..

but this helps alot(thanks)

He's still wants to live in the famous Dutch quarter, i keep telling him this doesnt exist, but he is adamant.

I'm gonna tell him to go with Huyton and hope theres plenty of people smoking 'funny cigarettes' to fool him into thinking he's in little amsterdam
With a bit of leg work, I`m sure you`ll be able to find him somewhere in that area, that comes with a ready made crop already growing somewhere within the property.

Marco Silva was not my first choice.. or even second.
But, the second he is appointed he will have my full support and I will, as I usually do when we appoint a new manager, be full of hope and optimism for our future.... hopefully , he delivers unlike so many of the others.

Reasons to be cheerful.
A young enthusiastic young manager bringing us all on a journey into the unknown. There is a sense of mystery about this and a sense of uncertainty and even those who will mock the appointment will have a doubt but that this could be the second coming of HK.

Silva has Premiership experience which is a huge benefit, his record in the league can be considered dismal or showing much potential depending on your point of view.

I am encouraged by the steadfastness displayed by Moshiri in going after Silva. This is no wishy washy appointment but a determined chase to get just one man without, it would appear, even considering other options. This chase has not been easy, or cheap, and it is nice to know that whoever advises Moshiri is so adamant . Last November you would have said that Steve Walsh was an advisor, but he has since left and I would guess has long since lost the ear of Moshiri . Was it Brands recommended Silva last November/ December or somebody else ?

I think that our transfer dealings this summer will give us a flavour of what is to come. Hopefully , we see the signings of some young pacey mavericks . We need to get some swagger into the club, some flair and unpredictability which the better teams have and really would never have been the focus of Moyes, Koeman or Allyrdyce... to be fair to Martinez he did his best but forgot that a team must defend as well as attack.

Marco Silva was not my first choice.. or even second.
But, the second he is appointed he will have my full support and I will, as I usually do when we appoint a new manager, be full of hope and optimism for our future.... hopefully , he delivers unlike so many of the others.

Reasons to be cheerful.
A young enthusiastic young manager bringing us all on a journey into the unknown. There is a sense of mystery about this and a sense of uncertainty and even those who will mock the appointment will have a doubt but that this could be the second coming of HK.

Silva has Premiership experience which is a huge benefit, his record in the league can be considered dismal or showing much potential depending on your point of view.

I am encouraged by the steadfastness displayed by Moshiri in going after Silva. This is no wishy washy appointment but a determined chase to get just one man without, it would appear, even considering other options. This chase has not been easy, or cheap, and it is nice to know that whoever advises Moshiri is so adamant . Last November you would have said that Steve Walsh was an advisor, but he has since left and I would guess has long since lost the ear of Moshiri . Was it Brands recommended Silva last November/ December or somebody else ?

I think that our transfer dealings this summer will give us a flavour of what is to come. Hopefully , we see the signings of some young pacey mavericks . We need to get some swagger into the club, some flair and unpredictability which the better teams have and really would never have been the focus of Moyes, Koeman or Allyrdyce... to be fair to Martinez he did his best but forgot that a team must defend as well as attack.
This.
Marco just needs to remember that we have to stop goals at our end as well (anyone over 15 should remember those days when we were described as hard to beat)
We all have to get behind the Manager and team and draw a line under this season, new positivity is required (at least for the first 2 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back