2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

He should have been sacked last season. Or at the very least at the seasons' end.

The fact his pointless run of form under no pressure kept him in a job is telling on just how incompetent the people running this club are.

I don’t blame the board for not sacking him last season, we looked really good before the post-derby collapse and looked capable of pushing the top 6 at the end of the season. But the nature of that post-derby downward spiral and how ridiculously long it lasted for should have been noted and kept in mind for this season. The first time it occurred with much easier fixtures it should have been addressed, now whoever the new man is has got a mountain to climb. Shocking from Moshiri, Kenwright and Brands.

Weird response but in answer to your question; probably - he's just over 5 foot!

hahaha

well, i meant it's all in the eye of the beholder...of course we want to see our club as big as our history is so rich. But currently we're not objectively a big club, relatively-speaking (English clubs are all quite big globally, but in Prem terms we're barely scraping top 10...that's mid-table in bigness).

Big defined in terms of: size of crowds, amount of world-wide fans, recent successes, class of sponsor, able to attract big-name players/managers...etc

No, we're not a big club.

Don't worry chaps

Absolutely no way he gets Saturday's game. If he does then we all as match goers need to make it abundantly clear we are FAYYYUMMMING
He’s been let down too TBF, we all knew the team was crying out for a proven top goal scorer, he was given Kean who is potential.
We knew we needed a centre half and never got one
Brands needs to hold his hands up
saying that, he’s still a crap manager

I long for the days that managers realised they where totally out of their depth and ‘left by mutual consent‘ but this clown will stay on as a dead man walking just to claim his undeserved pay off

That’s very true and that’s why Silva has to go but we can’t ignore Brands’s failure to deliver key players in key positions.

One CB (who would've been a back up to Keane and Mina really) does not detract that Silva cannot set up a team to defend well. The clean sheets at the second half of the season were a complete fluke especially as his still holds the worst defensive record from corners and freekicks than any other manager in the league.

The striker issue is a massive problem I agree. But the idea we still have two players who got what, 14 goals each, last season means we still should have firepower. Iwobi bagged 6 goals for Arsenal last season for eg. We shouldn't be an absolute mess in front of goal. There's still players to work with.

The big problem for me in the midfield. Silva hasn't adjusted to Gana leaving and the injuries have killed us.

BUT....you use what you've got. You don't play the same way when the side doesn't have the players to do so. Silva has never changed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back