2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people assume that Brands buys players that Silva didn’t sanction? Is this documented anywhere by the club that this is the process?

Why would an organisation buy assets worth tens of millions of pounds and then hand them over to an end user that didn’t have a hand in procuring them in the first place?

When the team sat down to discuss potential transfer targets, I find it difficult to believe that Silva wasn’t part of those conversations.

Brands:

“Our offices are across from each other at Finch Farm. We are in contact everyday.”
“We both have to agree (on transfer targets).”

Fair shout, but I’d wager it's about an 80/20 split heavily weighted towards Brands. I'm sure Silva has a say or makes requests but it's definitely not entirely on him.

And that is good. A well-run football club has a clear philosophy. Based on this philosophy, you hire coaches and buy players that fit in with how you want to play. In this way, the club does not become dependent on the traditional manager. That said, of course SIlva has something to say about transfers, but potential players need to fit in with the club's philosophy and strategy. We do not need more A Williams purchases, or Walcott, etc.

And that is good. A well-run football club has a clear philosophy. Based on this philosophy, you hire coaches and buy players that fit in with how you want to play. In this way, the club does not become dependent on the traditional manager. That said, of course SIlva has something to say about transfers, but potential players need to fit in with the club's philosophy and strategy. We do not need more A Williams purchases, or Walcott, etc.
Not that we have the time, or in many instances, the patience to wait, but part of me does want to know what an entire squad of Brands-era players would do. It can't be a coincidence that just about all of our stand-out terrible players are pre-Brands (Gylfi, Morgan, Keane, Pickford, Coleman, Walcott) signings. I'd toss the lot off them. Delph appears to be a Brands misfire.

Why do people assume that Brands buys players that Silva didn’t sanction? Is this documented anywhere by the club that this is the process?

Why would an organisation buy assets worth tens of millions of pounds and then hand them over to an end user that didn’t have a hand in procuring them in the first place?

When the team sat down to discuss potential transfer targets, I find it difficult to believe that Silva wasn’t part of those conversations.

Silva has no say in player recruitment.

Its Brands show.

There is no debate to be had here.

Silva has no say in player recruitment.

Its Brands show.

There is no debate to be had here.

Not having that at all.

In my minds eye the way it would work is he has a player in mind or a position/type and then Brands network gets to work identifying targets that fit both the manager's tactical blueprint and his philosophy of potential for improvement/resale.

I don't understand why any manager would take a job where he had 0 input into his playing staff.

Tbf to Matty it must be like finding out Father Christmas isn't real.

His hero has been unmasked as the scooby doo villain that he really is.

Good lad is Matty just was seduced by Voldemort he needs our support right now.

In the non-snideyest way imaginable... Can you explain Voldemort to me. I don't get it.

Not having that at all.

In my minds eye the way it would work is he has a player in mind or a position/type and then Brands network gets to work identifying targets that fit both the manager's tactical blueprint and his philosophy of potential for improvement/resale.

I don't understand why any manager would take a job where he had 0 input into his playing staff.
Put it this way, if Silva had a say in recruitment Marcos Rojo would now be an Everton player.

But Brands said no.

Silva puts the cones out and loses games.

Marcel Brands wont be allowing such a terrible manager have any say in how his squad is built.

Not having that at all.

hes full of crap mate.

brands conducts the transfer STATERGY and to say Silva would have no input is comical.

they are meant to work together on them.

it just means Silva doesn't do any of the talks with agents and meets .. but any manager working with a DOF would do so working in cahoots with each other

Tbf to Matty it must be like finding out Father Christmas isn't real.

His hero has been unmasked as the scooby doo villain that he really is.

Good lad is Matty just was seduced by Voldemort he needs our support right now.

i'll forgive @matty1878 for trying to be a super fan and look forward to the day where we have a manager that fits this club, someone qualified for the job and someone who has earnt his go at managing our great club , not some no mark who only knows how to lose.

come win , lose or draw we will be able to back and get behind the right manager knowing that he isn't just a chancer and he actually has a plan to take us forward and not backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back