2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people will vomit at the idea but Moyes on a deal till the end of the season, Just get us high as you can go, No Jan signings give Brands time to scout the manager he sees fit is perfectly fine with me. It's a dangerous game to try and find a manager mid season to be your future manager for many seasons (or you'd hope to) which is why I would be okay with Moyes till the end of the season.
Completely get what you're saying, but this is why I posed the choice I did above. It's equally dangerous to appoint a caretaker who can't possibly guarantee us not being relegated anyway. Then what?

But all of this is pretty moot, I think we will win on Tuesday, which gets him another few weeks, I suspect hes gonna win enough all season to keep his job.

There is no rush from above to punt this fella, mainly cos we dont want a midseason appointment.
what (probably safe) changes do you think he'll make to the lineup?

Completely get what you're saying, but this is why I posed the choice I did above. It's equally dangerous to appoint a caretaker who can't possibly guarantee us not being relegated anyway. Then what?
To be deciding on our future manager at this stage of the season with not many great names knocking about is playing with fire specially when we're 17th. It's a sticky situation for the board we sack him and get some fancy name in and that backfires while currently being 17th then what? We're actually f'd. I want Silva gone but if he can get us to safety and we can get rid at the end of the season that would be ideal or giving Moyes a deal to the end of the season to get us high as he can and then waving bye is the only situation that doesn't sound like a complete gamble.

To be deciding on our future manager at this stage of the season with not many great names knocking about is playing with fire specially when we're 17th. It's a sticky situation for the board we sack him and get some fancy name in and that backfires while currently being 17th then what? We're actually f'd. I want Silva gone but if he can get us to safety and we can get rid at the end of the season that would be ideal or giving Moyes a deal to the end of the season to get us high as he can and then waving bye is the only situation that doesn't sound like a complete gamble.
Exactly what I was saying. It certainly looks like a really terrible this or that decision. My biggest fear is that we'll appoint a panic manager, or a Moyes, who hasn't had any degree of success managing (anywhere) for 5+ years, and in fact got Sunderland relegated. It's definitely a roll of the dice no matter how you evaluate it, but man it would suck worse if we did go caretaker and STILL get relegated. I hate even typing these words. :rant:

i'll forgive @matty1878 for trying to be a super fan and look forward to the day where we have a manager that fits this club, someone qualified for the job and someone who has earnt his go at managing our great club , not some no mark who only knows how to lose.

come win , lose or draw we will be able to back and get behind the right manager knowing that he isn't just a chancer and he actually has a plan to take us forward and not backwards
I understand and agree with the sentiment but I doubt such a ‘unitary’ manager exists. None of the names that have appeared in the many lists and discussions recently, fanciful or real, have won anything vaguely resembling unanimous acceptance.
It appears that as the managerial Merry go round gathers pace the support increasingly fragments.

Makes me laugh thinking that our board would actually have a clue who to go for if it was the summer and not mid season.

Whoever we would want would still be available now imo.

People forget the Silva debacle was only because he had been there 7-8 games - plenty of managers move between clubs during the season not all owners are bells like the Pozzo's.

I understand and agree with the sentiment but I doubt such a ‘unitary’ manager exists. None of the names that have appeared in the many lists and discussions recently, fanciful or real, have won anything vaguely resembling unanimous acceptance.
It appears that as the managerial Merry go round gathers pace the support increasingly fragments.

Yep, good luck getting a manager the whole fanbase can get behind, that manager simply doesnt exist.

I think Moyes, in his first few years was the only 1 with universal acclaim, but even that turned sour quite quickly and I suppose everybody was fully behind Martinez after his first season.

But Koeman, Silva, Sam all had their knockers from day 1 and the next fella will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back