Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it some more it kind of makes sense. Bobby does well in cups and Belgium want to win cups. Still though...sorry Mirallas. Your Belgium days are over.

From the BBC story

At Everton, Martinez managed Belgium internationals Marouane Fellaini, Romelu Lukaku and Kevin Mirallas.

Would have read better as

At Everton Martinez sold Belgium international Fellaini, barely played compatriot Mirallas and managed to finish 11th with Romelu Lukaku scoring 20+ goals two season running.

TBF in terms of finishing 11th he scored 10 and 18...not that I don't think all of his goals count. But our league results were only affected buy those goals that he scored.

ANYWAY...Fellaini and Mirallas can't be happy about this.

Managing international sides is not equal to managing a club side. Talent wise he's got one of the best sides in the world now. Will be interesting to see what happens.

People keep saying "he finished 11th twice" no he did not. When he left us we were 13th. We only finished 11th because we won our last game 3-0, we finished above Swansea on goal difference. If he'd been in charge for the final game we probably wouldn't have won and would have finished 13th or 14th. So he literally finished 5th, 11th and 13th.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought it's April when I saw this news. Anyway , he has good record in cup games, with so many attack talents, he can play his beloved possession and passing games again.

This Martinez guy is good.He bluffed his way into the Everton job and now he's bluffed his way into the Belgium job.lolDid he show them that fancy trick with the phone at the interview?The same trick that convinced Bill to hire him as Everton manager.lol Poor Kevin Mirrallas just when he thought he saw the back of Martinez only to now have the fraud as his international manager.God help the people of Belgium that's all i have to say.Poor Kev that his international career finished.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back