Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Everton's 139 year history (either with or without three points for a win - which came in 1981) Martinez's 72 point season has been passed three times only: by Kendall in 84/85, 85/86, 86/87...but even here that was with 4 extra games in a season (42 games as opposed to 38). And no one else has achieved winning 21 games in one season since the games were reduced down from 42 to 38.

21 wins and 72 points from 38 games. I'm sorry, but just recognise the effort, appreciate it and move on to denigrating his other two seasons if need be. But be respectful of a historic effort by both players and manager that season.

As stated before: it will be a long te to wait before that tally is approached, never mind bettered.
It was a very good season and I have said that many times, it's not me pretending that only certain seasons count.

In Everton's 139 year history (either with or without three points for a win - which came in 1981) Martinez's 72 point season has been passed three times only: by Kendall in 84/85, 85/86, 86/87...but even here that was with 4 extra games in a season (42 games as opposed to 38). And no one else has achieved winning 21 games in one season since the games were reduced down from 42 to 38.

21 wins and 72 points from 38 games. I'm sorry, but just recognise the effort, appreciate it and move on to denigrating his other two seasons if need be. But be respectful of a historic effort by both players and manager that season.

As stated before: it will be a long te to wait before that tally is approached, never mind bettered.
Go on about 13-14 season all you want but it's still not our best season of the Premier League era. 04-05 still takes that by a mile. I consider 2008-09 superior because we not only finished fifth but reached a cup final, even 2007-08 was was slightly better because of that Europa League run (UEFA cup as was) and two cup semi-final's (and we all know how important and impressive you made that out to be last season) Bottom line was it was just fifth and no cups. At best you can give 13-14 the rank of our FORTH best season of the Premier League era. Nothing special, it was a decent little season that's all.

BBPROjG.gif

Just for the record I think a harsh dose of reality is in order: By scoring today at the swamp we have just equalled the total amount of goals we scored in three visits we made there under the fraud so despite today being desperately disappointing it was a fraction of the embarrassment we suffered in either of the 4-0's. Anyone seriously saying they'd rather have Martinez back must have the memory of a goldfish. Can we have some perspective please everyone?

Just for the record I think a does of harsh reality is in order: By scoring today at the swamp we have just equalled the total amount of goals we scored in three visits we made there under the fraud so despite today being desperately disappointing it was a fraction of the embarrassment we suffered in either of the 4-0's. Anyone seriously saying they'd rather have Martinez back must have the memory of a goldfish. Can we have some perspective please everyone?

Has anyone actually said that apart from maybe davek?

Koeman falling out with the world; Moyes threaten to smack a woman.

I think, leaving aside views on coaching qualities, we can all agree that Roberto was the better man out of our 21st century managers.

Koeman falling out with the world; Moyes threaten to smack a woman.

I think, leaving aside views on coaching qualities, we can all agree that Roberto was the better man out of our 21st century managers.

Yeah, because demanding £10m compensation is a really quality.

Well done bobby, man of the people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back