Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I really hope so. Been way too many moments in the last 4 years where I utterly despised Everton and most of our players.
13/14 seems so long ago.
So much will depend on whether we can entice Capt Jags to sign an contract extension. His matchless leadership qualities will be vital and, also, his signing will entice some world class talent to the club...such is Capt Jags' drawing power.

Yes they did, but failed to beat Spain, Russia, Mexico, Netherlands and Portugal with as strong a team as they put out tonight

I just don't get the obsession folks have with him. Won 9 out of 10 games in qualifying and now is 4 for 4 in the World Cup. Won 13 out of 14 matches that actually meant something. Not too shabby.

Unlucky to have to face Brazil in the next round. You'd have to give Brazil the edge as favorites.

I just don't get the obsession folks have with him. Won 9 out of 10 games in qualifying and now is 4 for 4 in the World Cup. Won 13 out of 14 matches that actually meant something. Not too shabby.

Unlucky to have to face Brazil in the next round. You'd have to give Brazil the edge as favorites.
I reckon that come-from-behind win will imbue Belgium with huge psychological/confidence boost. Brazil can be a flaky, hot/cold team: it's not a game I'll be putting hard-earned on.

I think its the quality of opposition he's come up against tbh. Southgate's record is pretty impressive too (12 unbeaten before the Belgium game, only 3 defeats in 17) but like Martinez had games against lesser opposition to pad it out.

Sarcasm Corky, not a knock

They breezed through qualifying.Breezed through the group stage.It was a bit shaky earlier alright.But i think the quarter finals, was the bare minimum target for Belgium.So looking at it from the Belgium Fa's point of view.Bobby probably has secured, another term in charge.

I reckon that come-from-behind win will imbue Belgium with huge psychological/confidence boost. Brazil can be a flaky, hot/cold team: it's not a game I'll be putting hard-earned on.

I doubt the odds we be worth anyone's time.

I would imagine they will take Brazil seriously from the kickoff (as will Brazil). I felt like Belgium just wasn't expecting Japan to be able to play with them. Once they fell behind they were up for it.

Weirdly though after bringing it back to 2-2 it seemed like they took their foot off the gas...until that last move.

A Russia and Belgium final would be fun, with regards to having a novel final pairing.If it's possible.I was looking at some results archives, and Belgium do seem to have the measure of Russia, in major tournaments.

They breezed through qualifying.Breezed through the group stage.It was a bit shaky earlier alright.But i think the quarter finals, was the bare minimum target for Belgium.So looking at it from the Belgium Fa's point of view.Bobby probably has secured, another term in charge.

Oh by all means he was going to stay on even if they had lost, they will be expected to be topping group 2 in League A of the Nations League with view to winning the Final 4 and qualify comfortably for Euro 2020 depending on who they draw, which won't be known till December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back