Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez had us down in 13th on 44 points, at the time of his sacking.Of course it's only natural, that there would be a bit of revisionist history, with regards to his tenure as Everton manager, following Belgiums success at this world cup.But Everton were in freefall, with Martinez at the end.He had to go, although as i said earlier, it's not as if we've gone from strength to strength since he left.Let's just hope that Marco Silva is the real deal.We've had far too many false dawns since 1995.

Martinez had us down in 13th on 44 points, at the time of his sacking.Of course it's only natural, that there would be a bit of revisionist history, with regards to his tenure as Everton manager, following Belgiums success at this world cup.But Everton were in freefall, with Martinez at the end.He had to go, although as i said earlier, it's not as if we've gone from strength to strength since he left.Let's just hope that Marco Silva is the real deal.We've had far too many false dawns since 1995.

What's been revised?

I can see it now. Martinez, world cup winner becomes Barcelona manager and joins the elite merry-go-round along with Pep, Mourinho, Ancelotti etc.

He'll eventually manage UTD, Bayern, Juve and finally Spain. Going down in history as one of the all time greats while Everton becomes a footnote in his autobiography.

Once a manager gets a group of world class players he looks good. Then people think he is a god. Put him back in charge of Wigan or a Bournemouth or someone and he will be just as poor as he was for us in his last 2 years.

He got dead lucky landing the Belgium job. His power point skills must be of the scale.

Just my opinion tho.

There seems to be this argument, being put forward, that if we kept Bobby on, then Everton would have went on to dominate the footballing world!Really Everton and Roberto Martinez was a marriage, made in heaven at the start.But it didn't take long for the marriage to fall apart, and in the end, a parting of the ways was necessary.

Guess I didn't read any posts stating that. I think at the end 99.9999% knew he had to go. Lost the Goodison faithful and then lost the team. There was no coming back once we lost in both cup semifinals.

Had we won one of those cups, however I do think he would have not been sacked. Well not when he was anyway.

I've definitely seen those tactics before. Fortunately KDB is better at exploiting the space as a false 9 than Stevie Naismith.

Also.... Fellaini. What a player.

Maybe not week to week but I've always remembered Fellani playing his best in big matches here.

There seems to be this argument, being put forward, that if we kept Bobby on, then Everton would have went on to dominate the footballing world!Really Everton and Roberto Martinez was a marriage, made in heaven at the start.But it didn't take long for the marriage to fall apart, and in the end, a parting of the ways was necessary.

The prem figured us out (and the RS who played the same style). So the players turned on him because they knew this and so did the fans. When that happens you are fired even if you are Jose Murinho.

Sure if we were Man City sure we could have just went out and bought 500M of players and he would have been fine but we are not.

I hope he wins this thing, he's a decent guy in a profession full of douchebags. Addovact and Wilmots had this same group and they played rather dire defensive football. Belgium this tourney has been anything but dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back