Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's exceeded expectations imo; taken a team of which not a lot was expected, and got them to the semis of the World Cup. I appreciate Southgate has done similar with England, but Turnip had better players at his disposal and most people expected 'football to be coming home'.
Is Barcelona a realistic ambition for Bobby. There has always been a lot of talk about him ending up there

I think Belgium have been rated for a while, it's been known for a long time that they had this group of players coming through and some at their peak of their powers. I think the 2014 world cup was to soon for them and they had a disaster at the Euro's in 2016. They are the 3rd best ranked team in international football, many expected them to reach the semi's or be there or there abouts. Martinez just got lucky with a group of very talented players. Right place, right time. They're a much better position going into this world cup than England and got a much better team/squad on paper.

Roberto's World Cup dream will end tomorrow at the hands of the champions-elect. Nevertheless, it's been great seeing the little genius rubbing his detractors noses in it and underlining how much they got it wrong.

An absolutley stunning World Cup campaign from RM whatever happens now.

I wouldn’t be so sure France will beat Belgium, Dave.

Loving all this praise for 'the little genius'. How about a thread for paying tribute to the other master tactician behind Belgium's run to the semis: Graeme Jones?

He was on the radio earlier, and gave the impression he was part of Team Bobby before. Was he at Everton then? Cant remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back