Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep this. No gloating from me - he did better than could have possibly been expected, given he's utterly clueless and blagging his way through football management.

Wouldnt even go that far mate.

Brazil was a great performance but a semi final for that Belgian side in their pomp... meh. Expected?

Wouldnt even go that far mate.

Brazil was a great performance but a semi final for that Belgian side in their pomp... meh. Expected?

I wouldn't have predicted the tactical setup for that Brazil game and, therefore, they went one stage further than the squad talent alone would have been expected.

It wasn't anything special but I must admit that personally I expected him to go out as a laughing stock. He came close to it and got out of jail against Japan - fair enough to him.

This was a very successful tournament for Belgium and Martinez.Some people were predicting, that Belgium would be embarrassed in this tournament.But there's no shame in a one goal semi final defeat, against the favourites for the tournament.Martinez has matched, Belgiums previous best performance at a world cup.So whatever spin you try to put on it, Martinez's tenure so far as Belgium manager has been a success, and a resounding one at that imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back