Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this is an FA that couldn't tell that Wilmots was totally wasting the talent until he got beat by Wales in a knockout game.
Remains a mystery. He was a horrible failure in all of his previous managerial appointments. I would honestly like to see him in the PL or another high profile league; just for laughs and his interviews afterwards. The forum of the "lucky" team would explode after a game or two; when he explains that tactics are overrated and that his defenders need to feel how to mark an attacker.

Don't let appearances fool you. According to @davek, Bobby suffered terribly at the blood-stained hands of the back-stabbing Capt Jags and his evil henchman, Bainesy. Dave is an extraordinarily equitable and reasonable contributor to this forum, and I have no reason to think he's taken any sides in the Bobby vs Capt Jags/Bainesy feud.
After the hell he endured at FF, Bobby would find the Machiavellian Real Madrid environment, a walk in the park...allowing him to concentrate on his managing ability. I genuinely think he'll totally transform Real.
Actual recordings from the Everton changing room, circa 2015:
Jagielka: "If we should fail?"

Baines: "We fail!
But screw your courage to the sticking-place,
And we'll not fail. When Bobby is asleep—
Whereto the rather shall his day's hard journey
Soundly invite him—his mate Graeme Jones
Will I with wine and wassail so convince
That memory, the warder of the brain,
Shall be a fume, and the receipt of reason
A limbeck only: when in swinish sleep
Their drenched natures lie as in a death,
What cannot you and I perform upon
The unguarded gaffer? what not put upon
His spongy officers, who shall bear the guilt
Of our great quell?"

Jagielka: "Bring forth men-children only;
For thy undaunted mettle should compose
Nothing but males. Will it not be received,
When we have mark'd with blood those sleepy two
Of his own chamber and used their very daggers,
That they have done't?"

Baines: "Who dares receive it other
As we shall make our griefs and clamour roar
Upon his death?"
Koeman is the worst manager we’ve had in my lifetime. Samuel Allardyce was twice the manager he was.
Literally

This lad's done well since leaving Belgium for Monaco....

skysports-thierry-henry-monaco_4472825.jpg

....obviously the brains behind Belgium's record breaking past two years. :coffee:

This lad's done well since leaving Belgium for Monaco....

skysports-thierry-henry-monaco_4472825.jpg

....obviously the brains behind Belgium's record breaking past two years. :coffee:
It's harder to fail when you have players like mertins hazard Lukaku among many and you are beating teams the equivalent of league two standard.

International football is not a standard to judge a manager.

I mean Belgium qualified beating the mighty Gibraltar , Cyprus and Estonia who I would imagine don't have a single player in the top division of any league let alone any good ones.

Bosnia and Greece aren't jam packed full of top talent either these days.

Point is, Martinez cruising through the group's so far is the same as Rodgers winning a one team league or Graham potter winning the Swedish league

It's harder to fail when you have players like mertins hazard Lukaku among many and you are beating teams the equivalent of league two standard.

I mean Belgium qualified beating the mighty Gibraltar , Cyprus and Estonia who I would imagine don't have a single player in the top division of any league let alone any good ones.

Point is, Martinez cruising through the group's so far is the same as Rodgers winning a one team league or Graham potter winning the Swedish league

Surrender accepted.

This is so obviously true.

Julen Lopetegui's record for Spain - Played 20, won 14, drawn 6, lost 0, scored 61, conceded 13

'El Gaffer' with Belgium up to the same time as Lopetegui left -

Played 19, won 23, drawn 5, lost 1, scored 62, conceded 15

Almost identical.

Lopetegui's included draws against Russia, Germany, England and Italy away, with Colombia and Switzerland at home.

Martinez included draws against Holland and Russia away, with Greece, Mexico and Portugal at home.

Since then 'El Gaffer' has won every game expected, plus one good win against Brazil, but was hopelessly outwitted by Deschamps in the biggest game of his career, and then was held to a draw by Ronald Koeman's Dutch team.

I won't even mention that other international managerial giant, Southgate.

This is so obviously true.
Julen Lopetegui's record for Spain - Played 20, won 14, drawn 6, lost 0, scored 61, conceded 13
'El Gaffer' with Belgium up to the same time as Lopetegui left -Played 19, won 23, drawn 5, lost 1, scored 62, conceded 15
Almost identical.

Lopetegui's included draws against Russia, Germany, England and Italy away, with Colombia and Switzerland at home.

Martinez included draws against Holland and Russia away, with Greece, Mexico and Portugal at home.

Since then 'El Gaffer' has won every game expected, plus one good win against Brazil, but was hopelessly outwitted by Deschamps in the biggest game of his career, and then was held to a draw by Ronald Koeman's Dutch team.

I won't even mention that other international managerial giant, Southgate.
....except one reached the WC SFs and the other was sacked before the tournament.

As you say "almost identical".

It's over...the war....you lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back