Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, no one's laughing.
I'm laughing they only put 3 past Cyprus.

As a comparison - a considerably worse (to say the least) team in Scotland beat a team on the same level as Cyprus (Malta) 1:5. Spain won 8:0, hardly the annihilation you were predicting at 3:0 is it?

I know you'll say they stopped playing or something silly like that anyway, I don't know why I bother.

Hardly tomato cans though are they mate?

It's not like they are San Marino or Gibraltar is it?

They are at the moment, officially worse than Equatorial Guinea though. They're one of the lowest ranked European nations outside of the bottom feeders like San Marino and Andorra. Beating them 3-0 is the absolute bare minimum for the second best team in the world.

How anyone can defend 2 abysmal seasons compared to one very good season is beyond me, especially when that very good one came first.
It will be the same with Koeman, the real test for any manager (or player) is that second season. From what I have already seen from Koeman I am confident that he can handle that second season. Already, we have seen strong leadership, we have seen the ability to change things up when it obviously is not working and then admit to that being his own fault. The players will defo react positively to this humility and honesty and us fans should react well to a manager who is not treating us like idiots, he knows that we are watching the same game. The final confidence booster for me is the ability to know when to tighten the game up and close it out (which he has already done twice), I doubt Koeman is going to bring on a like for like winger when you have a defensive midfielder on the bench and you know that your 10 men are going to tire despite being 2 up.
He hasn't had one good season yet mate. First things first eh? lol

I'm laughing they only put 3 past Cyprus.

As a comparison - a considerably worse (to say the least) team in Scotland beat a team on the same level as Cyprus (Malta) 1:5. Spain won 8:0, hardly the annihilation you were predicting at 3:0 is it?

I know you'll say they stopped playing or something silly like that anyway, I don't know why I bother.
Where and when did I predict that mate?

In your own time like....

How is that me saying "at 3-0" there would be an annihilation from that point? I didn't post in this thread during the match.

The ironic thing is you were and I was watching the Sweden-Holland game!

Haha no I don't think he meant you predicted an annihilation when it went to 3-0 mate, he means as it was only 3-0, it was hardly the annihilation you predicted

How is that me saying "at 3-0" there would be an annihilation from that point? I didn't post in this thread during the match.

The ironic thing is you were and I was watching the Sweden-Holland game!
I was eating a burger and I didn't give 2 single shits for Belgium or Bob the Clown, actually.

Point is, you overstated something that was obviously never gonna happen, and lo-and-behold, it didn't. Absolutely murdered them 3:0, brutal savages Belgium are.

Meanwhile Spain score 8 without getting out of first gear, because they're that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back