Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it before, I think with a talented group of players, he is well suited as an International boss.

Dont take this the wrong way, but he will not be given the time with them to destroy their defensive abilities that their clubs would have drilled into them.

Wouldnt fall off my stool if he takes them well into the later stages of the WC.

According to our Belgian poster he's focussing more on defensive work too. It might be very interesting if he came back to the PL armed with a real clue how to set up a back four. I'm sure he must have self analysed after the Everton experience and he'll adapt to something more balanced.

According to our Belgian poster he's focussing more on defensive work too. It might be very interesting if he came back to the PL armed with a real clue how to set up a back four. I'm sure he must have self analysed after the Everton experience and he'll adapt to something more balanced.
In the midst of his fantastic first season with Everton, a lot of us all thought he was a future Barcelona manager...perhaps that possibility is now firmly back on track.

In the midst of his fantastic first season with Everton, a lot of us all thought he was a future Barcelona manager...perhaps that possibility is now firmly back on track.
200w.gif

I wouldn't judge him on tonight, since the defence is Dendoncker, Vertonghen and Ciman but I see improvement. Never played together and Dendoncker has really bad positioning skills, he's a defensive midfielder after all.

A problem that I also see with his style of defending is that it requires fit players (because lots of space behind the defenders). This is quite difficult in the EPL because lots of games, so you need a good squad.

He's been using stuff now like drones et al.

Also you could discern a clear difference between defensive and attacking formations.This fellow here has written quite a lengthy exposé on the matter, after the match in Cyprus. He was impressed with the organisation after only 6 days with the team. http://www.raimundo.be/asymmetrische-4-3-2-1-van-roberto-martinez/ .

He was also able to nullify the Bosnian threat so at the least he's improving.

I wouldn't judge him on tonight, since the defence is Dendoncker, Vertonghen and Ciman but I see improvement. Never played together and Dendoncker has really bad positioning skills, he's a defensive midfielder after all.

A problem that I also see with his style of defending is that it requires fit players (because lots of space behind the defenders). This is quite difficult in the EPL because lots of games, so you need a good squad.

He's been using stuff now like drones et al.

Also you could discern a clear difference between defensive and attacking formations.This fellow here has written quite a lengthy exposé on the matter, after the match in Cyprus. He was impressed with the organisation after only 6 days with the team. http://www.raimundo.be/asymmetrische-4-3-2-1-van-roberto-martinez/ .

He was also able to nullify the Bosnian threat so at the least he's improving.

He was using the drone technology at Evertons Finch Farm too mate.

Thanks for the link. I don't speak Flemish like! I'll put that through the translator later and hope i get the gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back