Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god the quality of this Belgium side. If they don't win a major trophy with this group they never will, don't think I've seen many international teams crammed with such quality all over the pitch.
No doubt they have a lot of talented players. But credit should be given their manager for identifying that talent,having the courage of conviction to select them, and then coaching them to play the way they do.
Only a matter of time before that manager is at the helm of Barca.

My god the quality of this Belgium side. If they don't win a major trophy with this group they never will, don't think I've seen many international teams crammed with such quality all over the pitch.

They could spank any side in the world. I just don't think they can win 3-4 in a row in a tourney against good to very good sides. There is also some garbage mixed in with the gems and very little pace and width in the side.

No doubt they have a lot of talented players. But credit should be given their manager for identifying that talent,having the courage of conviction to select them, and then coaching them to play the way they do.
Only a matter of time before that manager is at the helm of Barca.
You kid but if this group of players win a world cup/euros, which they have the quality to do, he could be in line for a top job. Some people buy his brand of bollocks and keep giving him coaching roles.

It's Cyprus mate. Which is probably the equivalent of me and you wearing the England kit.
No easy games in international football mate - see:

Faroe Islands 0-0 Hungary
Belarus 1-1 France
Bulgaria 4-3 Luxembourg
Denmark 1-0 Armenia
Kazakhstan 2-2 Poland

No easy games in international football mate - see:

Faroe Islands 0-0 Hungary
Belarus 1-1 France
Bulgaria 4-3 Luxembourg
Denmark 1-0 Armenia
Kazakhstan 2-2 Poland

Bosnia 5-0 Estonia
Wales 4-0 Moldova
Spain 8-0 Liechtenstein
Malta 1-5 Scotland

All seemed like pretty easy games ;)

Martinez may do well with Belgium although his defensive frailties will cause them to fail at the world cup if they meet a half decent attacking outfit early in the competition. Tha man has no abilities to manage anything defensively.

How anyone can defend 2 abysmal seasons compared to one very good season is beyond me, especially when that very good one came first.

It will be the same with Koeman, the real test for any manager (or player) is that second season. From what I have already seen from Koeman I am confident that he can handle that second season. Already, we have seen strong leadership, we have seen the ability to change things up when it obviously is not working and then admit to that being his own fault. The players will defo react positively to this humility and honesty and us fans should react well to a manager who is not treating us like idiots, he knows that we are watching the same game. The final confidence booster for me is the ability to know when to tighten the game up and close it out (which he has already done twice), I doubt Koeman is going to bring on a like for like winger when you have a defensive midfielder on the bench and you know that your 10 men are going to tire despite being 2 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back