Martinez transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im loving the Aids personally, he defo gives us a good option.
Im not a major fan of Robles, seems a bit dodge, but hes still young and whos to say how he would play if given a longer run in the side to build confidence, we paid buttons so its not as if we spunked a wedge on him.
Kone is utter pony, it was a shocking purchase, I can make that assessment now, but whos to say how valueble he MIGHT have been this Season and may prove to be in the future, as others have said 6m doesnt buy you much.
Alatraazaaaz, hit and miss, again tho, not a major cash investment.
And then theres the human duracell McCarthy, outstanding player.

Overall not a bad first window, a glance at the table suggests he did a pretty decent job so far.

When we actually achieve something or win a trophy i'll be positive then, but then i aint go mad cos we pass it a bit more. End of day, worst United + Spurs side in years and we've still done nothing. When they get decent managers we'll be 7th best next season.

The fact that we have the highest points total we've had in a season for 26 years, and the fact we've won 20 league games in a season for the first time since we last won the league 27 years ago doesn't make you feel positive about the direction we are headed in under Martinez?

I'm not expecting you to get a tattoo of his face on your chest or anything, but damn... I think there's a hell of a lot to be positive about regarding us.

Worrying about how crap United & Spurs are, and how they are going to improve is just silly talk. Spurs spent over £100m on players last summer and are still rubbish. Every single summer we get told 'Oh no's! All the other clubs are going to spend millions and we're gonna be left behind!' And we never are. There's more to a successful football club than just spending Brewsters Millions.

Martinez has an actual vision, something these other clubs don't have.

Sorry forget Moyes relegated us to the conference. Worst.Manager.Ever

moyes took 11 years to build that squad.

martinez has surpassed his and our highest ever points total, with 3 still to play, broken numerous records and all in his first season whilst making a big transition in playing style and changing over half the first team squad around.

just seems nothing pleases you on here.

There hasn't half been some verbal diarrhea going on by some people here.

Robles: FA Cup winner, came in as back up, put pressure on Howard to have a better season.

Alcaraz: 4th choice CB. Allowed us to get Heitinga off the wage bill with no real worry, probably saved us more than he's cost us and has mostly looked solid when he has played.

McCarthy. The only real big money signing. Utterly fantastic.

McGeady. Done okay, come in from Russia at a low fee and gave us an extra option.

Kone. Fair enough was crap in his first few games where he wasn't fit. But not enough minutes to judge.

Loans: Barry. Enough said. His tackle against Eto'o against Chelsea summed up how good he has been.

Deulofeu. Scored some important goals and some good assists. A lot of us would want back next season.

Lukaku. Best striker we've had since Yakubu was good.

Traore. Injured. Scored in his only game.

With us still challenging for CL with 3 games to go, on our highest ever points total, in a season with a new manager with a new way of playing football and some people are still complaining? Christ on a bike. Get a grip.

When we actually achieve something or win a trophy i'll be positive then, but then i aint go mad cos we pass it a bit more. End of day, worst United + Spurs side in years and we've still done nothing. When they get decent managers we'll be 7th best next season.

and if they do get decent managers and we finish 2nd - 4th in the league or something mate, you still wouldn't be happy cos end of the day we hadn't won anything still?

Honestly your moaning for moanings sake, enjoy the fact we are playing better, we are more exciting, we are getting better results by a decent way, and we are actually playing for something with 3 games left.

Would you actually have been happier had Moyes stayed?

3 are loans. Point was his permanent deals are so far very poor yet everyone is blinded by it.
Loans are a part of the market which the British game is systematic against.

the Prem should let teams loan in as many and play against anyone as they wished. So they should have declared that Man City cannot stop Barry playing against them, Lukaku against Chelsea, or anything similar.

Gibson -- I thought I got the edit in quickly :) meant injury record.

Robles -- may be better than mucha but why pay a fee for him as hes not goos enough it appears.

Alcaraz -- didnt need a replacement for heitinga.. already stacked with centre backs and add duffy and browning into the mix.

Mcgeady -- always been the same even at celtic

Kone -- hes a really poor player.

With these above, I just think there were better options in world football than them.

You'll forgive me if I trust Martínez's judgment more than yours, mate.

Kone -- we'll see next season how tosh he is! Sad but true.

Alcaraz-- him joining cant be excused as a heitinga replacement. Its a global market.

Robles-- again a global market and not able to catch a ball.

Mcgeady -- offers pace and flatters to deceive but low cost I guess so could sell for more than we paid.

McCarthy top class.

Thats 1 top signing out of 5 permanents...hardly a transfer guru. Even the most blinkered can see that surely?

Lets see this summer.

Kone -- we'll see next season how tosh he is! Sad but true.

Alcaraz-- him joining cant be excused as a heitinga replacement. Its a global market.

Robles-- again a global market and not able to catch a ball.

Mcgeady -- offers pace and flatters to deceive but low cost I guess so could sell for more than we paid.

McCarthy top class.

Thats 1 top signing out of 5 permanents...hardly a transfer guru. Even the most blinkered can see that surely?

Lets see this summer.
Sadly disagree with you here. Alcaraz has been decent cover when required, aside from the one derby game when everyone played poorly, Robles is still young for a keeper and has shown glimpses of developing into a top class player once he irons out the flaws in his game, whilst McGeady has surprised me by how consistent a threat he is for us, getting the ball, beating his man and putting it into the box with accuracy, despite a serious lack of game time.
Kone I still have doubts, but he hasnt really been given a fair go of it or a chance to really prove himself.

There hasn't half been some verbal diarrhea going on by some people here.

Robles: FA Cup winner, came in as back up, put pressure on Howard to have a better season.

Alcaraz: 4th choice CB. Allowed us to get Heitinga off the wage bill with no real worry, probably saved us more than he's cost us and has mostly looked solid when he has played.

McCarthy. The only real big money signing. Utterly fantastic.

McGeady. Done okay, come in from Russia at a low fee and gave us an extra option.

Kone. Fair enough was crap in his first few games where he wasn't fit. But not enough minutes to judge.

Loans: Barry. Enough said. His tackle against Eto'o against Chelsea summed up how good he has been.

Deulofeu. Scored some important goals and some good assists. A lot of us would want back next season.

Lukaku. Best striker we've had since Yakubu was good.

Traore. Injured. Scored in his only game.

With us still challenging for CL with 3 games to go, on our highest ever points total, in a season with a new manager with a new way of playing football and some people are still complaining? Christ on a bike. Get a grip.

Pretty much agree with this... ..simply awesome season and going to the aways now with an expectancy of winning (Never got that with the chosen one.. Up the toffees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back