Martinez transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistic signings could include:

Barry - on a free after being released from city

Lukaku - Chelsea will always look for strikers (costa, cavani etc) so rom will probs be frustrated, plus he loves it here, all based on us getting 4th thou

Deulofeu - second season loan

Rodwell - well down the pecking order, is a good player just needs to stay fit and is a good bench player for either Barry or mac. Can also play CB if needed

Lallana - great player, at a good club but could say "too big" for em, he wants European football and he's rumoured to be an Evertonian

Caulker - solid young CB, spurs [Poor language removed] up getting rid of him and could be bought in cheap as Cardiff look set to go down

Sell kone, hibbert will retire soon

I think we all agree that the Martinez system tends to get the best out of certain players, but I don't know how much credit we can give him for getting the most out of players that another manager signed. I'm not saying Moyes was better at bringing in talent, I'm just saying we don't have enough information either way. Martinez has been our manager for less than a year, too many on here are drawing conclusions too quickly.

Stop being so sensible ffs lol

Lukaku - Chelsea will always look for strikers (costa, cavani etc) so rom will probs be frustrated, plus he loves it here, all based on us getting 4th thou

Rodwell - well down the pecking order, is a good player just needs to stay fit and is a good bench player for either Barry or mac. Can also play CB if needed

Lallana - great player, at a good club but could say "too big" for em, he wants European football and he's rumoured to be an Evertonian

Caulker - solid young CB, spurs [Poor language removed] up getting rid of him and could be bought in cheap as Cardiff look set to go down

Like that. Would keep Kone though. Only cos he has only played about 3 seconds. Might chip in with 10ish goals. You never know.

Even if we got Champions League we wouldn't sign all those players! I am just hoping we get Lukaku and Barry on permanent deals, then probably 3 more loans!

I think the transfer ban on Barcelona may stop Del coming back

Southampton will want big money for lallana, probably £20m

Caulker went for £6m last summer, I could see him going for double that in this summer, I'm not sure out pockets are deep enough and I think Distin will play another season at least.

I could see us getting Rodwell on loan, with the option to buy.

He won't sell Kone, he is the only first team Striker we currently own!

OP lost me at writing off a young goalkeeper who has done some good things and some bad, but not enough to write him off. I'd imagine he bought him because he rates him and so did his scouts and now his goalkeeping coach.

I cant believe the depth some people go to stress and worry about the club. We are in a good moment, enjoy it. Imagine the articles of doom mongering you could have written at any point through the 90s...I'm sure people wouldve been predicting relagation and financial ruin. Neither have happened.

We will be fine, its too early for analysing Bobbys dealings.

6 points and 4 wins better off compared to last season with 3 games still to go. Playing positive football. Are you a kopite?

No if i was a kopite i'd be celebrating winning the league, not creaming myself because we play positively and are finishing 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back