Martinez - "We are Everton...not any one manager's team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto is obviously aware of the David Moyes FC stigma that the media attached to us for the last five years. Very humble seeing as he brought us our record premiership points haul in his first season.

Hardly needs saying but he is not only a cultured . classy , well-mannered guy but also has that competitive edge & winning mentality that is absolutely infectious . Sure,this could still all go Pete Tong but I sincerely doubt it . I N T E G R I T Y is not learnt you either have it or you don't that coupled with his School -of -science nous , I will give him all the time he needs to get us Champs league as long as it happens in the next 3 years !

I no Martinez has praised Moyes and rightly so he did create a foundation to build on, but what Martinez done last season just shows what a limited manager Moyes was. It was always easier imo to manage in the way Moyes did, which was do defend deep with a bank of four and a bank of five in front of them then frustrate the opposistion. I think there's a saying somewhere that it's easier to destroy than it is to create ( not that Moyes destroyed but for me he wasn't creative ). I got the impression with Moyes that he was waiting for things to happen, but with Roberto he is looking to make things happen. With virtually the same players who under Moyes couldn't string more that 3 passers together before lumping it up to Cahill or felli, he has us playing football that for me is a breath of fresh air, there wasn't many games were I came away from Goodison disappointed. I use to walk away from Goodison in the last three years Moyes was in charged shaking my head in disbelief at what I watched. This by the way is not a pop at moyes I think for the majority of the time he did great, but for me he reached the limit of his ability three years ago. Roberto has made my sat nights good nights once again, instead of sitting at home with a gob on me because of the way we played long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.