2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browning is awful

I know its only u23 but he's be getting rave reviews. His loans have mainly failed due to injuries. As an emergency he could do a job. He was on the bench against Huddersfield so Silva must have a little faith. Anyways hopefully it won't come to that but we couldn't keep Holgate on the off chance 2 or 3 ahead of him get injured. Next season Jagielka probably gone and extra games in Europa League to give him playing time.

I know its only u23 but he's be getting rave reviews. His loans have mainly failed due to injuries. As an emergency he could do a job. He was on the bench against Huddersfield so Silva must have a little faith. Anyways hopefully it won't come to that but we couldn't keep Holgate on the off chance 2 or 3 ahead of him get injured. Next season Jagielka probably gone and extra games in Europa League to give him playing time.
True he did pick up some injuries but the overall reports of his loan from their fans were not good...

He might well be too good for the under 23s but he's 24 now and nowhere near the level required for the premier league

True he did pick up some injuries but the overall reports of his loan from their fans were not good...

He might well be too good for the under 23s but he's 24 now and nowhere near the level required for the premier league

It would take 3 injuries for him to be needed in a 2. Or 2 injuries for him to be needed in a 3 but I would probably play Kenny if I wanted to play a 3 as he played there fairly recently in an England u21 game. This is the right move all round.

Holgate doesn't seem to have the desire for mine. The current concept under the first team does not "like the old central league" get these lads mentally tough enough for first team football.

There was one game last season where all the young boys piled in after a bad challenge. They have the desire its just whether they are good enough. If nothing else he will come up against some battle hardened strikers with all the tricks. If he does really well he comes back as 4th choice with 15-20 games at a decent standard. If he does ok we know he's probably not going to make it with us but can cash in. If he does poorly at least his mistakes will be for West Brom. I personally think he'll be coming back as 4th choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.