2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have stayed IMO, Keane+Mina+Zouma+Holgate were great options to have. Jags should have left instead.

...I imagine he’ll get a permanent move if he does well, but if he dips he’ll be more difficult to shift. I rarely think it’s a good sign when a first team squad member is allowed to leave on loan.

...I imagine he’ll get a permanent move if he does well, but if he dips he’ll be more difficult to shift. I rarely think it’s a good sign when a first team squad member is allowed to leave on loan.
Hope at least he is looked after, glad he went to WBA rather than Leeds, the manager was a central defender and that may well help him.
Holgate could still have a career here if he knuckles down.

...possibly, but I have a view that if the Manager lets a first team squad player go out on loan it’s because he has no intention of using him.
I agree that is definitely the case at the moment, but as we've seen particularly at Goodison in recent years things can change very quickly, management and players moving on, injuries etc.I still think there's a player there, if not I hope he's developed to a stage where at least we can get a few Bob for him.

I know its only u23 but he's be getting rave reviews. His loans have mainly failed due to injuries. As an emergency he could do a job. He was on the bench against Huddersfield so Silva must have a little faith. Anyways hopefully it won't come to that but we couldn't keep Holgate on the off chance 2 or 3 ahead of him get injured. Next season Jagielka probably gone and extra games in Europa League to give him playing time.
Didn't know you could get Europa league football finishing in the bottom half of the table without a a cup win

Nah that's not true at all.

People are people. Some care (or seem to care) more because of their nature, it has nothing to do with where they are from.

No but those fighting for their contracts and futures in the game certainly appear to care more than the Schneiderlin’s of this world that can just sit on big, wealthy contracts for years. Just logical.

No but those fighting for their contracts and futures in the game certainly appear to care more than the Schneiderlin’s of this world that can just sit on big, wealthy contracts for years. Just logical.

Agreed but again its not a location thing. It's a mentality thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.