2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
surely Keane is more saleable? Older, also British, very flavour of the month in the press... but people forget how fragile his mentality is when the crowd gets on his back, best time to sell him is when we're not allowed in to boo him.
Maybe. I think carlo likes Keane a lot though. Again, I’m not saying flog him because he’s rubbish, I just think he might be seen as a way of freeing up funds without really impacting the team too much.

Lost respect for the boy after dancing in his budgie smugglers like a scruff, having said that there are more pressing problems than him at the moment, yes we have 3 better CB's and he's out of position, but we also have a vile MF and attack.

Am I missing something with him at the moment? He hasn’t been as good as last season but he’s come in and done a good job playing out of position. I mean can someone actually tell me what bad games he’s had?

Seems to be a strange climate of moaning this season. Ancelotti has us challenging European spots yet he’s only ever one game of not winning away from being questioned by some. Holgate has been part of an absolutely fantastic defence recently that is one for he best in the league for defending and scoring set pieces yet he is also now taking flak from some. Even DCL was getting a bit of it the other day. There’s plenty of targets in this Everton team thy have done nothing for years (Pickford Siggurdson Davies Bernard etc.) without us having a go at Holgate, a league who has done nothing but scrap for a place in the team ever since he joined.

Seems to be a strange climate of moaning this season. Ancelotti has us challenging European spots yet he’s only ever one game of not winning away from being questioned by some. Holgate has been part of an absolutely fantastic defence recently that is one for he best in the league for defending and scoring set pieces yet he is also now taking flak from some. Even DCL was getting a bit of it the other day. There’s plenty of targets in this Everton team thy have done nothing for years (Pickford Siggurdson Davies Bernard etc.) without us having a go at Holgate, a league who has done nothing but scrap for a place in the team ever since he joined.
I tend to agree with most of your posts mate. This one falls into that category , too.

See I look at it completely the other way round. I don't want him to go or anything but I think he's the most dispensable saleable asset we have. My personal opinion - and i've said it for a while - is that he just isn't quite good enough to be a first choice player for us. He'll do a job at centre half, and he'll do a job at right back, but I just don't think he's particularly good in either position. If Branthwaite is deemed ready to be part of the squad next year then I just don't really see him getting games. If we could raise £20m+ from selling him it would make perfect sense to me. It'd be a shame, but it would make sense.

surely Keane is more saleable? Older, also British, very flavour of the month in the press... but people forget how fragile his mentality is when the crowd gets on his back, best time to sell him is when we're not allowed in to boo him.

Maybe. I think carlo likes Keane a lot though. Again, I’m not saying flog him because he’s rubbish, I just think he might be seen as a way of freeing up funds without really impacting the team too much.

Keane is 28 playing for England and getting great reviews as were playing deep with him in the team.

Cant play any other way with him...hes at peak value.

Id sell him this summer and add the funds to the pot.

Keep Holgate, Godfrey and Mina who all have the right mentality and are more important players for us.

Our set piece defence is ridiculously good

Wilson-POINT-smile.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.