2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last choice centre back on tonight’s showing, did well not to get sent off but Branthwaite is miles ahead of him.

Needs more than one good game, but Mr. Branthwaite, he of the large frame and set piece goal, wouldn't have to do much to push Holgate deeper onto the bench. I am here for it.

Holgate had a spell where he was playing very well, but before and after that he's just been too erratic. Erratic is kind of part of the deal for, say, a winger, but it's a really bad trait in a CB.

I was very disappointed in him last night, he looked as if he wasn't putting any thought into his defending and was cleaned out by clever play far more than he should have been.

Chelsea have clever players but no other defender was making the same mistakes as Holgate.

It may just be me but the lad doesn't seem to have his heart set on playing footy. His face is generally tripping the floor and concentration levels leave a lot to be desired.
I think he can't get over the fact that he never gonna be as good as those 10 or so matches he had 2 years back. It got him that 5 year contract and probably an England call up if Covid hadn't arrived.

It may just be me but the lad doesn't seem to have his heart set on playing footy. His face is generally tripping the floor and concentration levels leave a lot to be desired.
His attitude is terrible, it looks like he just wants to get sent off every game. He only ever passes backwards or sideways. Get him gone. He’s not the player we want stinking the place out.

Status
Not open for further replies.