2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a strange one all right is this lad. Only a year or so ago he looked our best defender and the press were quietly confident he could make the international team. There were even some rumours suggesting Pep was keeping tabs on him with a estimated £30mill bid.
At that time we Blues thought he would push on and be an certain starter for years to come, with some suggesting he could eventually become captain.
Jeez, where did that player go?
More like 2 years ago, he was poor last season, maybe those back to back injuries lost his momentum, The City rumours were around the time he was due to be offered the extended contract, Agents often start those rumours, City denied they had shown interest.

I'm sure someone will want him. Just don't know who

Will be a tough job ringing around clubs sending them clips of his best moments

When a club asks is 2 seconds it someone needs to fib

Somethings amiss when he cant get a game at right back over Coleman.

Looks like hes the type that needs a few games before getting into his stride...

More like 2 years ago, he was poor last season, maybe those back to back injuries lost his momentum, The City rumours were around the time he was due to be offered the extended contract, Agents often start those rumours, City denied they had shown interest.
You are correct @Littlesue, I had completely lost track of time. The joys of being an arl' git I'm afraid.
Nobody can answer the real conundrum, however, which is just what the heck happened to him. Was he actually as good as we imagined, or did we think he was great because he shoved the Brazilian Toothy horror into the cesspit that surrounds the onion patch at Analfield round about that time?

Remember seeing him and Ashley Williams getting a barber into their room to cut their hair before a match and thinking he was a bellend. His gum chewing and fake hardman attitude annoy the hell outta me as well..
If he was any good i wouldnt even notice these things, a bit like Iwobi keeping his wee hands warm by tucking them into his cuffs!!
Would happily have him line up against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.