2022/23 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf he was highly rated and actually did a good job especially for the fee when we first signed him. Again the sort of signing we should be trying. Just hasn't worked out over time. It happens

Obviously an unpopular opinion but just my opinion
Injuries and stupid suspensions when he had chances to play, lots missed opportunities to shine when we had to start him. Many mistakes due to trying far too hard, but would rather that than some of the slack arsed performances others have turned in.

Issue with him is same as Tom he should have fought to get out and taken a pay cut 3 years ago, play 30+ games a season somewhere. Anywhere. Made the mistake of “fighting for his place”. i.e. maximise stupid Everton salary. Builds your bank balance from the bench but destroys your career as a wanted footballer. Also another one failed by youth and academy coaches who continued to try and mould him into a centre back. Not sure what he is but it’s not a PL centre back.

Hope he plays games somewhere.

Injuries and lack of discipline railroaded his career. There were a lot of games over the years where he looked really good and you could see the potential, but when he was bad he had some mares. If he had learned to play with the ball at his feet he may have been able to counteract some of the negatives but he never developed the skill. That doomed him

Definitely in favour of selling him because he just hasn’t kicked on at all. I remember the days when we thought he and Galloway were going to turn into special players like Stones has. What could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back