2023/24 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

He hasn’t helped himself with some very badly timed reckless challenges, mistakes and general gum chewing, but also had minor injuries when there was a chance for a run of games.

Deserves to play somewhere. Good luck to him. As always, he didn’t write his own contract. Not his fault.
Also doesnt play for 3-4 months and then gets chucked in in a position he doesn't play.

We should all hope he does well seeing as he is still our player.

I dunno. I'm sure when he was offered a new deal he'd played regularly under Ancelloti (26 times and praised the hell out of him), arguably looked like our best CB next to Mina. Got linked to City when the were playing Fernandino at CB. Also won Players Player of the Year 19/20.

View attachment 224409

3 years later things have just fallen off a cliff for him since.
What a silly stat to look at in isolation. He's crap. Whether it be mentality or ability, he's still crap.

No option to buy

Fantastic negotiations again from the powers that be at Everton FC

Because everyone and their dog knows well loan out players we don't want.

So everyone who wants one of our crap players just waits till we're desperate and asks for a loan. And the players agent know this as well.

I would imagine any of our crap wanting to leave would be getting told by their agent "sit tight, keep being professional and you'll get a move on loan to the club you want to go to and won't have to take a pay cut".

I guarantee if we stuck all of the players we want gone in the reserves, refused any loans for them and left them to rot for a year. The next summer most would take a pay cut to leave the club. Yes we'd take a short term hit in wages but long term we'd see more.

We've built a culture at this club where we give dross stupid wages and then we just loan them out till their contract runs out.

Because everyone and their dog knows well loan out players we don't want.

So everyone who wants one of our crap players just waits till we're desperate and asks for a loan. And the players agent know this as well.

I would imagine any of our crap wanting to leave would be getting told by their agent "sit tight, keep being professional and you'll get a move on loan to the club you want to go to and won't have to take a pay cut".

I guarantee if we stuck all of the players we want gone in the reserves, refused any loans for them and left them to rot for a year. The next summer most would take a pay cut to leave the club. Yes we'd take a short term hit in wages but long term we'd see more.

We've built a culture at this club where we give dross stupid wages and then we just loan them out till their contract runs out.
Yes, pointless to put an option to buy in. He’s unsellable at 72k/week.

The mistake was giving him that contract. This is just mitigating the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back