Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I always think of him as cultured but there’s no doubt he’s got something about him, he plays like the game matters and is quite prepared to put his body on the line for the cause. I have my doubts about him as a CB in a flat back four but he’s been terrific in the last two games.

We've got a sound group of youngsters which I don't think as a fanbase we fully appreciate and this lad is one of them, he's maturing quickly thankfully and him with one of our experienced guys is the way to go for a centre back pairing, it is worth mentioning that Williams (the penalty against the Hammers apart) has been sound the last two games and has looked a world away from chump he has been, long may it continue.

We should go into the game at the weekend without fear, as a fan I am a lot more optimistic than I was last week.

been very good on his return to the team, I like having someone who can play a bit at the back, and really enjoy the way he has attacked anything loose in the air, something he seems to have worked on

That aggressiveness in the air is definitely something he's worked on. Previously he would get caught under the ball a lot or get muscled out of the way. I've been quite surprised how dominant he's been aerially. Fair play to the lad.

Looks exactly the type of defender we've been crying out for all season. Let's hope he can be a consistent performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back