2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s a real shame is that Holgate was showing some really good form before the Firmino incident. Just for having the nerve to call out what he thought (and couldn’t be proven otherwise) was racial abuse, he’s had to put up with ridiculous treatment by fans and media. He’s then also had a bad injury (although I wouldn’t blame him if it was just to get some time away from it all).

Everton’s lack of fight in the media though effectively left Mason as the aggressor in an incident where he as more than likely racially abused.

What’s a real shame is that Holgate was showing some really good form before the Firmino incident. Just for having the nerve to call out what he thought (and couldn’t be proven otherwise) was racial abuse, he’s had to put up with ridiculous treatment by fans and media. He’s then also had a bad injury (although I wouldn’t blame him if it was just to get some time away from it all).

Everton’s lack of fight in the media though effectively left Mason as the aggressor in an incident where he as more than likely racially abused.
Correct.

pathetic from the FA. feel mason has also been let down by the club, they should have been all over the media sticking up for the kid. hope he comes back an even stronger player next season. really like him as a player and think he has a big future for us.

Well I hope we, as fans, actually show OUR support for MH at the Derby. We need to be very clear where WE stand and take the moral high ground on RF by NOT abusing him (regardless of how tempted we might want to)

pathetic from the FA. feel mason has also been let down by the club, they should have been all over the media sticking up for the kid. hope he comes back an even stronger player next season. really like him as a player and think he has a big future for us.

Which part?

The punishment for stuff he posted ages ago is a bit daft. Still, its only a warning I suppose.

I am very uneasy about this racism thing. As much as I hate the RS it appears that Holgate did not hear what he thought he heard. And I really hope that's the case because I don't wan't another player (regardless of their team) to be found to be saying racist things. I do feel like some people wish he did say it purely to score points against the RS which is missing the bigger picture massively. Some things are bigger than rivalry and this would certainly be one of them.

Wow...

Seriously, what on earth is this?

So you condone our manager saying nothing about Holgates treatment?

If Alexander Arnold had accused one of our players of racially abusing him and he ended up being done for something he tweeted as a 15 year old do you really think Klopp would have kept quiet?

Or Mourinho with Rashford?

Alladyce and the club in general have been shocking in their public defence of Mason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back