Matthew Kennedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody explain the thinking behind just one month loans?

I've no problem with it, but seems a bit too short to have much benefit...no?

They normally get extended on a monthly basis, if the player likes the club, if the club likes the player, plus it means the player doesnt waste 6months if the other team doesnt play them, see Barkley, Ross at Leeds.

Are Tranmere league 1 these days? Good move by the club, I like the fact that we are getting some youngsters out on loan, good experience. Will this lad ever make it though?

Are Tranmere league 1 these days? Good move by the club, I like the fact that we are getting some youngsters out on loan, good experience. Will this lad ever make it though?

Yes they are. They've also got a defender called Pennington on loan from us, and a former academy player called James Wallace playing for them, who is also their captain I believe?

It's good having more than one player on loan at a club, it might help them settle in a bit quicker. Likewise with Yeovil with Duffy and Lundstram.

.......interesting that RM feels the Academy leagues are too weak and that is evident in his eagerness to lend promising youngsters out. I'm sure we'll watch all of their progress over the next few months.

.......interesting that RM feels the Academy leagues are too weak and that is evident in his eagerness to lend promising youngsters out. I'm sure we'll watch all of their progress over the next few months.

I believe RM has in the past pointed out that in the Spanish and Portuguese leagues the 'big' clubs have 'B' teams in the lower leagues, and that this is where the younger / less developed players earn their stripes. I think this 'mass loan' approach is his way of emulating that. I am sure this hasn't happened before under Moyes.
Plus, if these lads in the end aren't good enough for Premiership, at least they will be able to be seen by lower league clubs so that they can stand a chance of keeping a pro contract somewhere. Much better than rotting in the secrecy of the Premiership U21 league... where they have a career expectancy of roughly 3 years...

Another good loan move for one of our younger lads, these moves have to be good for the lads to get competitive minutes.

Good luck him and the others.

Used to think this kid looked good for the U21s and that but a lot of people on here recently been saying he's bad. Hope this loan move helps him develop.

I think it's key for clubs like trameres to use our kids we should have a open door for them , earn your stripes in the lower leagues much more physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back