Mauricio Sarri

According to TeamTalk, Everton have now opened talks with the representatives of Maurizio Sarri as a potential replacement for Dyche.

The Italian is now believed to be viewed as a ‘concrete option’ by those at Goodison Park to potentially become their next manager.

With The Friedkin Group looking set to secure the takeover on Merseyside, Sarri is a manager who has been identified.

And it is even claimed Sarri is already looking at getting some of his former coaching staff members – including the well-respected fitness coach Daniele Tognaccini – to make the move to England.

According to TeamTalk, Everton have now opened talks with the representatives of Maurizio Sarri as a potential replacement for Dyche.

The Italian is now believed to be viewed as a ‘concrete option’ by those at Goodison Park to potentially become their next manager.

With The Friedkin Group looking set to secure the takeover on Merseyside, Sarri is a manager who has been identified.

And it is even claimed Sarri is already looking at getting some of his former coaching staff members – including the well-respected fitness coach Daniele Tognaccini – to make the move to England.
I remember TeamTalk from Ceefax days. Pretty reliable that lot.

I don’t do team talk since the late 80’s, my parents put coin operated phone in the hall way because of my guess who’s signing for Everton addiction. Used to throw a towel over it if me mates came round…

There is a debate to be had about his age and if we should look at someone slightly younger. However you can't argue about Sarri as a coach, that Napoli team of his were excellent and the football they played was top grade stuff. We have maybe 11/12 players atm who can pass the ball about which would be a good start, the concern would be the FB area as Sarri likes overlapping FB's, Patterson might be ok on the right hand side but Mykolenko would have to go imo, he just doesn't have the skillset for this type of football. It's an interesting thought and it might be a good shout for a couple of seasons to get established, we will see.

There is a debate to be had about his age and if we should look at someone slightly younger. However you can't argue about Sarri as a coach, that Napoli team of his were excellent and the football they played was top grade stuff. We have maybe 11/12 players atm who can pass the ball about which would be a good start, the concern would be the FB area as Sarri likes overlapping FB's, Patterson might be ok on the right hand side but Mykolenko would have to go imo, he just doesn't have the skillset for this type of football. It's an interesting thought and it might be a good shout for a couple of seasons to get established, we will see.
Ancelloti said we don’t have the players to play his tactics. It will take a rebuild for sure.

Ancelloti said we don’t have the players to play his tactics. It will take a rebuild for sure.
In all honesty I think we will go for someone younger anyway, but Sarri is a proper coach, he will coach the players into how he wants them. We might not have the perfect Sarri starting eleven but we have enough to get going and use as a base.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back