Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havent really watched much of the boy, but from that vid he looks amazing on the ball, anybody who has doubts should watch that vid.

The concern would be his final ball, but the boy can certainly dribble and drive a ball forward.

Actually watching it all his final ball is fine, the chances his teammates miss are insane.

Most of the clips are from his Premier League season as well when he was only 20, very impressed by the boy.

And yes, I'm aware that Youtube makes most players look like Pele.

I'm all for players whom can consistently take oppo players out with a couple of neat touches.

Havent really watched much of the boy, but from that vid he looks amazing on the ball, anybody who has doubts should watch that vid.

The concern would be his final ball, but the boy can certainly dribble and drive a ball forward.

Actually watching it all his final ball is fine, the chances his teammates miss are insane.

Most of the clips are from his Premier League season as well when he was only 20, very impressed by the boy.

And yes, I'm aware that Youtube makes most players look like Pele.

Wow. Get him signed this instant - genuine pace and dribbling ability is something me massively lack.

He looks the part and will get better. Get it done. Imagine decent strikers on the end of some of them crosses.

Imagine him with a quality winger infront of him too?

Also, with him and Digne, we could play them as wingbacks to give them space

I wouldn't read too much into Delia's comment. She is just being honest and stating the eventual obvious. We have three valuable commodities in Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell, but the feeling at the club supposedly is that Aarons is the likeliest to leave.

He is a very decent defender on the ground, but other teams are jolly unfair and target his lack of height, with high balls out to whoever they have up against him, who is almost always taller.

As to the stats and his seeming lack of assists. that is partly because we play such intricate football (arguably too much so sometimes) that although he is a key part of many of our attacks he often isn't the one to play the final ball. especially given we have Buendia and Cantwell for that.

Added to which there is little point him crossing in the air because Pukki very rarely scores with headers, so it is hard to say whether he would cross well to a proper target man or not.

I wouldn't read too much into Delia's comment. She is just being honest and stating the eventual obvious. We have three valuable commodities in Aarons, Buendia and Cantwell, but the feeling at the club supposedly is that Aarons is the likeliest to leave.

He is a very decent defender on the ground, but other teams are jolly unfair and target his lack of height, with high balls out to whoever they have up against him, who is almost always taller.

As to the stats and his seeming lack of assists. that is partly because we play such intricate football (arguably too much so sometimes) that although he is a key part of many of our attacks he often isn't the one to play the final ball. especially given we have Buendia and Cantwell for that.

Added to which there is little point him crossing in the air because Pukki very rarely scores with headers, so it is hard to say whether he would cross well to a proper target man or not.

What do you make of him? I think we can all gather he needs to improve defensively but how good is he defensively? Is he good 1v1 or does his pace help him get out of trouble?

His height is a concern but rather have a short technical player, than a 6ft 4 RB who is unreal in the air but crap on the floor. Suppose its a trade off really

Also Delia seems happy to sell to us, as shown with her Godfrey comments. Suppose she's thinking if they get regular games here and do well the top top teams will come in and put them on a better stage again which reflects well on your club

Not the best at defending, id argue in games we need a defensive full back in we could put Coleman in!

But in games that we have struggled in this season he would be excellent but we would need a defined defensive midfielder (Holgate) if we were to play Digne & Aarons as wing back. You could change from a 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2 pretty easily then
Yeh, makes sense. Perhaps Carlo will improve him defensively too.

Aarons' pace is one attribute that makes him a good defender, at least in the Championship. It is hard to separate that out in an assessment. But I don't remember ever seeing him really taken to the cleaners by an opposition winger. The kinds of quick twists and turns he uses in attack to befuddle a defender he can also use to hold off an attacker at the other end of the pitch.

Aarons' pace is one attribute that makes him a good defender, at least in the Championship. It is hard to separate that out in an assessment. But I don't remember ever seeing him really taken to the cleaners by an opposition winger. The kinds of quick twists and turns he uses in attack to befuddle a defender he can also use to hold off an attacker at the other end of the pitch.

What would you expect the fee to be?

Also, any thoughts on Omobamidele?

I'd sign him for his injury record alone at this point.

We almost definitely can't sign two right backs this summer, so we need one we can flog remorselessly next season, as with Seamus now being utterly finished, we'll have no back-ups that are actual right backs by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back