Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours mill felt off saying Burnley wants 25mil if to pay in instalment. And the last bid was 20mil in total. Unless something I'm missing.

When we talk about player amortization, even if we pay 17.5mil upfront, Can't we still have 17.5mil being amortize over contract length and that is 3.5mil loss per year? If 25mil is agreed, then it would be 4mil loss per year. in terms FFP wise, isn't the rules are on losses, which means forking up 25mil, we are 500k worse off yearly on FFP rules? Normally, company pays in instalment because there are cash issue. Maybe FFP has a rule on cash as well?

So yeah, doubt this signing is happening. Honestly, if we are so tight on cash, I rather us find another midfielder.

Rumours mill felt off saying Burnley wants 25mil if to pay in instalment. And the last bid was 20mil in total. Unless something I'm missing.

When we talk about player amortization, even if we pay 17.5mil upfront, Can't we still have 17.5mil being amortize over contract length and that is 3.5mil loss per year? If 25mil is agreed, then it would be 4mil loss per year. in terms FFP wise, isn't the rules are on losses, which means forking up 25mil, we are 500k worse off yearly on FFP rules? Normally, company pays in instalment because there are cash issue. Maybe FFP has a rule on cash as well?

So yeah, doubt this signing is happening. Honestly, if we are so tight on cash, I rather us find another midfielder.
There are 2 things at play, FFP and Profit and loss.

For FFP, the fee and wages is spread over the term of contact.

For P&L clubs normally agree to instalments which spreads the fee over 2 or 3 years.

Paying 17.5m upfront would impact our P&L.

Decent player but not worth the money right now we've signed McNeil and still need a CM and another striker

The only way I could see this happening is if we try and flip Gray for a healthy profit but I've got a feeling that Lampard likes Gray.

If we want him pay the fee. Is there a huge difference between £14.4m and £17.5m In terms of football transfer (up front)?

Are we going to play him up top?
personally we either play Mc Neill in a 3 man midfield with Doucs and Ghana, then we can sign another inside forward.
or we wait and hope to get someone like Gallagher/MGW and Mc Neill is played as a right winger.
oh yeah and a better back up for Dom

"It is believed West Ham, who are expected to fail in attempts to sign Eintracht Frankfurt’s Filip Kostic, would like Cornet on loan. Everton want the 25-year-old, who can play at left-back and as a striker, on a permanent deal."

This is going down to the wire, isn't it? I still fancy our chances if Burnley want cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back