2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't force, he got merked, Arnautovic just slipped over. If he hadn't slipped he'd have left him for dead.

That's Keane's biggest weakness. What I will say though is he seems to be reading the game a lot better. There were a couple of moments in the game where balls were played through and he was there in plenty of time. Likewise there was one occasion he easily shepherded Arnautovic towards the corner flag which was a good bit of defending.

He will never develop lots of pace, but you can work on positioning. We were also leaving ourselves 2 v 2 at the back a lot yesterday, which last season would have been absolutely disastrous for Keane, but this season, barring the one aforementioned incident above was something he looked comfortable with.

To me he seems a player who's really growing into the shirt. A bit like how Jagielka did when he first joined. It took him time. A lot of time to believe he really belonged at a bigger club than Burnley. The England experience will have helped him.

So yes both things can be true at once, namely Keane lacks pace and Keane is improving as an Everton player.

That's Keane's biggest weakness. What I will say though is he seems to be reading the game a lot better. There were a couple of moments in the game where balls were played through and he was there in plenty of time. Likewise there was one occasion he easily shepherded Arnautovic towards the corner flag which was a good bit of defending.

He will never develop lots of pace, but you can work on positioning. We were also leaving ourselves 2 v 2 at the back a lot yesterday, which last season would have been absolutely disastrous for Keane, but this season, barring the one aforementioned incident above was something he looked comfortable with.

To me he seems a player who's really growing into the shirt. A bit like how Jagielka did when he first joined. It took him time. A lot of time to believe he really belonged at a bigger club than Burnley. The England experience will have helped him.

So yes both things can be true at once, namely Keane lacks pace and Keane is improving as an Everton player.

I think what speaks volumes is that many assumed it would be the new signing in Zouma and Mina who would play a nd start together in the summer. The fact that Keane has been chosen by the manager to be the main stay and always present speaks volumes.

I think what speaks volumes is that many assumed it would be the new signing in Zouma and Mina who would play a nd start together in the summer. The fact that Keane has been chosen by the manager to be the main stay and always present speaks volumes.

It is great credit to Keane to be honest. I thought exactly the same. Keane is first choice without doubt. It's up to the players to budge him.

I don't know. He was awesome at Burnley. Came here had different partners. But now seems settled. Played for England scored a goal. Confidence is a big thing. Keep him. I'm not a bug fan but he's improved so much. The last few weeks the team seem to be getting some fluency. I don't know but I'd keep jim

Just read that on ESPN.com.

If Arsenal and/or Spurs are willing to pay 50 mil for Keane we'd be stupid not to take it.
Not really, ok i get the English thing might put that price up a bit, but if we can get that for him, there is a reason why an ambitious club would want him.
We have 3 center backs, Mina is questionable over his fitness and Zouma we might not be able to buy anyway, to sell Keane we would be mad. Season after season we sell our best players, then wonder why we have to start again and again.
He's 26, its not like he is 29 like Gana, and is only 18 months into a 5 year deal, 50m would be pathetic

Made up he’s pushed on from last season, been really impressed with him lately. He’s growing into a cracking little player. He’s doing what all players do and masking his poorer attrirubutes. If someone comes in with an offer will be interesting to see what Brands does. £50m is a lot, but I think it is a little early to sell him given we could only attract a younger gamble - And if we’ve learnt anything we need to have some consistency.

For me I’d be looking at purchasing one CB this summer, don’t fancy selling Keane and bringing two in - Too many moving parts to deal with before they could settle.

I don't mind keane, he's come on leaps and bounds this season,there is a good CB there, but he is definitely a confidence player.

Cant see a 50 million bid coming in but he proved me wrong as he now showing quality performances and not many mistakes lately. He a confidence player and these type of players dont do well at Goodsion and our fans can be very critical against the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back