2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that on ESPN.com.

If Arsenal and/or Spurs are willing to pay 50 mil for Keane we'd be stupid not to take it.
He's bang average, take their money and run.
Or
Two perennial top 4 contenders, who are mostly CL qualifiers every season think he's good.
Or
£50M is too cheap, edge them up then sell.
Or
We'll have to fork out much what we get in to get a decent replacement, so why bother.
Or
Another player tapped up playing for England.
Or
Brands has a cheap jem lined up...Landrup, Koldrup, something like that.

Or
Two perennial top 4 contenders, who are mostly CL qualifiers every season think he's good.
Or
Or
We'll have to fork out much what we get in to get a decent replacement, so why bother.
Or
Or

Could be any one or a combination of these. He's been playing well lately and I can recall a couple of very decent passes out from defence that have created either a goal or a very good chance (last Saturday for one!) He's better than bang average, but he's no Kevin Ratcliffe (for a start he's too slow).

50 mil would be a good deal if we replaced him with someone better (or someone of equal skill that is cheaper and younger). Otherwise, it reeks of sell for the sake of selling!

He has been our best defender overall this season- I don’t know whether it’s by sheer luck or maybe the lad is just a tad underrated by some on here, but he hasn’t often been punished the way you’d expect- pace. Hopefully he carries the form into next season- he’s good on the ball, dominant in the air and has made some great last ditch tackles that saved goals. He is quite alright. Could be better

Could be any one or a combination of these. He's been playing well lately and I can recall a couple of very decent passes out from defence that have created either a goal or a very good chance (last Saturday for one!) He's better than bang average, but he's no Kevin Ratcliffe (for a start he's too slow).
In a straight line. Ready,steady,go,he's probably as quick as most CB's in the Prem. Where he struggles is when he's forced to think and turn,which will always keep him in the average bracket.Is that good enough for us going forward?

Or
Or
Or
Or
Or

to be fair when you look at arsenals current CBS he probably is good, but if spurs thinking replacing toby alderwereld with Michael keane is a good idea they are going massively down the swanny

Keane is unfairly compared to Jags (fast and solid in his prime), Distin (a rock), Yobo and Stones (seemed to be solid but good passers/ attacking play), Ratcliffe, etc etc.
He's different from what we have had before, but Keane and Mina together may be too slow, Holgate and MIna too inexperienced, and Zouma and Keane may only be for this season. Thats why I think we don't appreciate Keane, but with Holgate or Zouma or a 100% MIna he looks and works a lot better

He was class at West Ham. Think he could be ready to really lead the line next season.
I quite like his style. Calm, composed, no nonsense kind of a guy. Has some of the same attributes that Labone possessed. Not comparing these two just to be clear..

The problem with Everton fans is you are either good as the mid 80s team or you are sh1te. There is no in between. Unfortunately Keane is not as good as Ratcliffe, therefore he is rubbish.
The reality is that he is a very good defender. Not world class, but still very good nonetheless. Which apparently means he is sh1te.
If only the Spurs and Arsenal scouts were as good at spotting talent as most GoT posters o_O

The problem with Everton fans is you are either good as the mid 80s team or you are sh1te. There is no in between. Unfortunately Keane is not as good as Ratcliffe, therefore he is rubbish.
The reality is that he is a very good defender. Not world class, but still very good nonetheless. Which apparently means he is sh1te.
If only the Spurs and Arsenal scouts were as good at spotting talent as most GoT posters o_O
Everton fans are mad, this season he has been one of our best players, but his form was poor under Sam, when the total side was crap, and they cant get over it.

Everton fans are mad, this season he has been one of our best players, but his form was poor under Sam, when the total side was crap, and they cant get over it.
I wouldn't worry too much. He's likely to get the run around from Lacazette and Aubameyang on Sunday, which will cool any interest from Emery.

I'm certain that he'll be one of those players who somehow manage to spend a nondescript decade at the club.

I wouldn't worry too much. He's likely to get the run around from Lacazette and Aubameyang on Sunday, which will cool any interest from Emery.

I'm certain that he'll be one of those players who somehow manage to spend a nondescript decade at the club.
You mean like Salah and Mane did a few weeks ago...you hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back