2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to laugh.
Commentators going on about inevitable mistakes by defenders due to conditions.

Keane didn't put a foot wrong. Best centre half performance for a long time.

Give him the arm band. Fatherhood has clearly had a profound impact on him.

He looks every inch the player Sir Alex Ferguson thought he would become and who Carlo Ancelotti places such trust in.

I had to laugh.
Commentators going on about inevitable mistakes by defenders due to conditions.

Keane didn't put a foot wrong. Best centre half performance for a long time.

Give him the arm band. Fatherhood has clearly had a profound impact on him.

He looks every inch the player Sir Alex Ferguson thought he would become and who Carlo Ancelotti places such trust in.

Spot on.

He's been superb for a long time, and today he's done it in tough conditions in a game that matters.

I hope this is a watershed moment for him in terms of mentality. He needs to start believing he can be the difference in each game.

He did well today. Fast nippy strikers and bad conditions would have been a nightmare for him in the past.

But tonight coped admirably and was a big contributor to the win. He’s a confidence player and he should be full of it.

Excellent tonight.

Given the fixture and playing against supposedly one of the best frontline's in Europe, he looked assured at all times. I started feeling quite confident when they were attacking that he would win his duels. He and the ball seemed magnetised.

Very pleased for him, he's come along a lot this past year.

This is the game for Keane to cement his place in the team. With Mina injured he is the player with responsibility for marshaling the back 4. If we can keep a good shape and frustrate the RS I think we can pinch it late on possibly with a set piece goal. Any questions over his mental strength would be answered for me if he puts in a top quality performance. We are hoping into our biggest game of the season off the back of 2 defeats.
You do realise Keane is the defender moSt used and trusted by CA

I don't know how Keane could be anymore secure.

Been critical of him before (to my mates - wouldn't dare put it in writing) but this season he's been immense at the back and tonight was his best performance yet

My main concern is he'll get picked for the euros. Let maguire and stones embarrass the country and leave our Keane out of it

Possibly his best performance since joining.

He almost never lets himself get dragged out of position these days, and he had a big hand in starving them of space to run in behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back