2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think unfortunately because Maguire plays for United and cost £80 million Keane will be on the bench in the Euros. Stones has to play in my opinion because of his ball playing abilities and it should be Keane alongside but we all know that United and Liverpool players will always be picked where possible. I still have doubts about him at times but doesn't lack bravery and is also fairly decent on the ball.

I think unfortunately because Maguire plays for United and cost £80 million Keane will be on the bench in the Euros. Stones has to play in my opinion because of his ball playing abilities and it should be Keane alongside but we all know that United and Liverpool players will always be picked where possible. I still have doubts about him at times but doesn't lack bravery and is also fairly decent on the ball.
You're right with the line up for the Euros. And i'll go one further, Maguire will give away a penalty on one of these off the ball incidents that the PL have been turning a blind eye to.

You're right with the line up for the Euros. And i'll go one further, Maguire will give away a penalty on one of these off the ball incidents that the PL have been turning a blind eye to.
I would be more than happy if Keane was left at home, although I know he wouldn't see it that way.
But, you are right he has got scapegoat written all over him.

Another signing who has moved firmly into the profit making category if he was ever sold.
I would guess the fee now would be at least 50m.

Any other manager but Southgate (and I say that as someone who likes the guy) and Big Mick walks into that England side over Slabhead Maguire and it’s not even close

I said after the game it was like Nesta...

Hes very good when in the deep defence.

It will be interesting to see whether we look at playing a 3 at the back more.

We actually have enough CBs for a 4 but not for a 3.
I can see us going for a 3 against Southampton, especially with Mina still wont be fit for it

Next Everton caption for me
1614006751891.webp

“Maguire starting ahead of me in the Euros, Southgate wants his head testing mate. He’s worse than Kabak”

I said after the game it was like Nesta...

Hes very good when in the deep defence.

It will be interesting to see whether we look at playing a 3 at the back more.

We actually have enough CBs for a 4 but not for a 3.

Once Mina is fit and Branthwaite is back then we have Holgate for the right side, Keane/Mina for the middle, Godfrey/Branthwaite for the left side. We can also draft in Coleman and Digne on the right and left respectively who have played in a back three before. I think we’d have enough. It would solve a lot of our problems if we could get the 3412 working properly. James behind Richalrison and DCL puts them all in their best positions. Digne and Iwobi wouldn’t get caught out defensively, Allan and Docuoure could play in a 2 in midfield. It ought to work but it just didn’t when we tried it earlier in the season apart from one great 45 mins against Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back