2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a myth at all, watch back how many last minutes blocks and tackles he made to save us when trying to hang on to a boring draw or win, we defended deep and it suited him he but to say it was a myth is nonsense,

And how many goals did his oaf-like errors cost us in the 2nd half of the season, off the top of my head there was 2 against spurs and the replica of Saturday vs City.
Complete myth he was 'quality for us last season'

Cos holgate is a liability and probably doesn’t trust him

That's a very strange reason to run towards him.

Keane tried to pass the responsibility on to him with his mistake. You can tell from Holgate's reaction he had no idea what Keane was trying to do, which is about right because neither did Keane.

I'd be more worried about his performances in the next few games. He seems to be affected for a while after a balls-up, maybe two away games will help. I was sure Benitez would have replaced him or Holgate second half but at least he's had a chance to look at them both together which hopefully means he won't see them as a pair again. I really thought Holgate was going to be some player for us a couple of years back, can't remember a player who's regressed as much for us as he has during the last year or two, Ashley Williams maybe.

I'd be more worried about his performances in the next few games. He seems to be affected for a while after a balls-up, maybe two away games will help. I was sure Benitez would have replaced him or Holgate second half but at least he's had a chance to look at them both together which hopefully means he won't see them as a pair again. I really thought Holgate was going to be some player for us a couple of years back, can't remember a player who's regressed as much for us as he has during the last year or two, Ashley Williams maybe.
On the bench or preferably sold would help more

That's a very strange reason to run towards him.

Keane tried to pass the responsibility on to him with his mistake. You can tell from Holgate's reaction he had no idea what Keane was trying to do, which is about right because neither did Keane.

Still cannot believe how on earth could he have made such a blunder.

Feel like your centre halves should always be potential captain material. He just evidently isn't a leader.

Maybe if he was 5 years younger I could excuse it, but he's 28. Our younger players like Godfrey/Holgate/Branthwaite could benefit massively from having a solid experienced leader alongside them (and thankfully Godfrey seems to naturally possess these traits anyway) whereas it still feels like Keane needs babysitting.

He's okay when playing with someone quick, who is on top of their game. Holgate is trying to find his form after a fairly poor season and asking Keane to be the lead is asking for it.

Still no excuse for getting caught like he did. Backpass or boot it out of play, football 101.

He's just Ryan Shawcross but without the confidence. Sell.

In all seriousness, he's not one of our best CB pair in a flat back 4 and if we play 3 at the back I'd want him nowhere near the pitch. He therefore shouldn't be on big wages... But he is.

With our financial situation as it is, we should be encouraging young Michael's agent to find him a new club before the end of the window. He's not good enough for Everton and has run out of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back