2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
If branthwaite was more experienced and we were sure about him ….. then sell Keane. At the moment he’s got to be a bench player. Mina and Godfrey with Keane and Holgate as bench options should be OK unless one of the first two get injured then ???

Fans have such short memories. When we went into lockdown, Michael Keane was one player who raised his game. Last season he didn't make a lot of mistakes at all, he was one of our more consistent players. Then suddenly we start playing in packed stadiums again. and Keane has two absolute stinkers. Can we not at least allow the possibility that he may be a very good footballer whose head's not quite in the right place at the moment ?

I have been waiting to finish work to waltz in here and let rip.

This boy has yet again been found out when he isn't defending on his 6 yard box like Carlo had us doing last season.

He turns like a tug boat and runs like like he's got cornetto's on his feet instead of boots.

What a dreadful timid sorry pitiful snivelling quivering fragile wreck of a man, let alone a CB.

Think that should cover it.

Fans have such short memories. When we went into lockdown, Michael Keane was one player who raised his game. Last season he didn't make a lot of mistakes at all, he was one of our more consistent players. Then suddenly we start playing in packed stadiums again. and Keane has two absolute stinkers. Can we not at least allow the possibility that he may be a very good footballer whose head's not quite in the right place at the moment ?
That's not quite true he had a good run and was very good in the away Derby if I remember, yes then lost his head on a few occasions at home often when paired with Holgate, Spurs at home he cost us a win. Fair he may have some off the field issues right now if he does on a human level he has my sympathies. He is good at some things such as clearances with his feet and head and even some long passes but the harsh truth is if we want push on we need better and he has made too many defensive errors in recent years. He often doesn't sense danger, isn't vocal enough, he can struggle with pressing or pace, if he makes an error he loses his head, he will go on bad runs or good runs he isn't consistent enough often.

This boy has yet again been found out when he isn't defending on his 6 yard box like Carlo had us doing last season.

He turns like a tug boat and runs like like he's got cornetto's on his feet instead of boots.

What a dreadful timid sorry pitiful snivelling quivering fragile wreck of a man, let alone a CB.

If you weren't worth 50m I'd take you to task.:)

I am not happy about it Egg man, I just believe he needs to be taken out of the team right now, he makes too many individual errors that cost us points. I appreciate with Godfrey out it was difficult, but for a CB he is too much of a confidence player for me, he goes on decent runs but then throws in errors when pressurised then his head goes, he has to sense danger too. For a CB of his age he should have learnt more of that by now I don't think he will ever be more than just alright. We can't afford to keep having defensive lapses he isn't the only one to blame but he wouldn't be in my team week in week out.

….absolutely agree, Bill.

I wonder, though, if Keane will get another opportunity next week given Brighton’s strength in the air off set pieces.

I haven't got a short memory, I've always thought he was garbage, even from his debut,even watching Lukaku give him the runaround when he was at Burnley.

He's not good enough, never has been, never will be.

Unfortunately that's pretty much spit on for his error.
The problem is that it doesn't matter what else you do in a game if you make mistakes that lead to goals as Keane has done in each of the last 2 matches.
He has to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.