2023/24 Michael Keane

How many managers have dropped Keane only for the new one to give him another run?
He loves a new manager
Runs around in training, smiling at him, jumping in front of him or whatever the hell he does to get these never ending 2nd chances
As you say Dyche already knows, so why the hell is he giving him another go
Hopefully he'll just think 'right, that's twice now I've given him a shot, no more'
Because dyche always plays safe...he is going to play the player with the most experience in the PL that he has available. He doesn't trust the ones like Braithwaite, not yet anyway...but the same that happened last year will happen this year. He will eventually make a switch with either godfrey or Braithwaite in the coming games.

Pure Everton that our worst defender by an ansolute mile is the only one who stays fit constantly. Im not wishing injury on him by any means, just annoying that our worst player is one of the most reliable injury wise

Complaining about Keane isn’t going to help or work either

If Dyche drops him after that, then he’s shown weakness and given in to the mob

It’s an absolute mess

We’ve just got to hope that Branthwaite trains so well that he becomes undeniable

Nah. Thats just called stubbornness even though its pigs ear decision making.

Starting him is basically starting game with a -2 handicap, which isn’t gonna go well when we seemingly can’t score a single goal. Absolutely terrible footballer and it’s not a new thing. How so many managers seem to think he’s a viable option as a premier league centre back is baffling.

Because dyche always plays safe...he is going to play the player with the most experience in the PL that he has available. He doesn't trust the ones like Braithwaite, not yet anyway...but the same that happened last year will happen this year. He will eventually make a switch with either godfrey or Braithwaite in the coming games.
Yea... he under values youth and hunger and over values experience
Brantwaithe needs a go now
Otherwise it's just insulting him because he watched that horror show too

Any Central Defender that plays behind that midfield and both fullbacks, is going to be on the back foot, for the entire game. No runners tracking back, no one picking the runs, giving the ball away with no desire or foresight to track back. Full backs offering no support, nothing up top to hold the ball, he came straight back.

Yes Keane could have done better on the last two goals, but if your midfield is non-existent, you will never win the game.

Iwobi Gana Onana Doucoure does not work
Just watch the first goal again. Not once does he check his shoulder to see if there’s any danger. Schoolboy stuff.

I’d even say he shares a good portion of the blame for the second goal as well.

……I said how poor this fella was a long, long time ago. I recall getting a bit of stick at the time because he was actually playing quite well and was an England regular. I look at defenders and ask myself a simple question; ‘would I like to play against him if I was a striker?’. I’m in no doubt Forwards have relished the prospect of playing against him, even back then.

I said sell him whilst his stock is high, instead we rewarded him with a big bucks long-term extension & PL strikers have been licking their lips ever since.

Last edited: