2024/25 Michael Keane

Without Keane we’d be in the championship?

That Leicester game at the end of 22/23 he borderline made it his sole aim to take us to the championship. Incredible shout

It was after that when Dyche put mina in that we put a mini run together and stayed up

I suspect he’s referring to the Palace game in 2022, the one that had we lost we still would’ve stayed up.

Without Keane we’d be in the championship?

That Leicester game at the end of 22/23 he borderline made it his sole aim to take us to the championship. Incredible shout

It was after that when Dyche put mina in that we put a mini run together and stayed up
Started the comeback against Palace in 21/22 and got us a big point at Spurs 22/23. Actually had a decent run under Dyche in 22/23. Not saying he's Dixie Dean but think a lot of Toffees are down on this lad more than he deserves.

How both him and Holgate are even still here is testament to the absolute horror show this train wreck of a club has been ran over the years. Genuinely thought they would have ran out of contract this summer. Feels like we just go round in circles. I actually thought that Dyche was putting 2 fingers up to Thelwell and the fans yesterday with that line up. Hope he has a serious chat to himself before our next game because that setup is not acceptable.

How both him and Holgate are even still here is testament to the absolute horror show this train wreck of a club has been ran over the years. Genuinely thought they would have ran out of contract this summer. Feels like we just go round in circles. I actually thought that Dyche was putting 2 fingers up to Thelwell and the fans yesterday with that line up. Hope he has a serious chat to himself before our next game because that setup is not acceptable.
If you believe that Dyche is in any way magnanimous and will accept responsibility for yesterday, you're going to be waiting a long time.

In terms of Keane and Holgate, I know the club are trying to offload them, however their contracts are the issue because nobody is willing to match it...

... or even come close, and the players aren't going to take a significant wage cut at their age. That'll mean it's a loan deal at best, with us taking a hit on wages.

The whole boom and bust years are coming back to haunt us, again!

I generally agree, he loves Everton no doubt and can never fault his commitment. Just think his time at the club is up. You’d think he’d be 4th choice centre back if he stays, which I’d be fine with but worryingly that’s not where Dyche seems to see him in the pecking order.
By the end of the season he'll be third choice. Being realistic throwing O'Brien in the starting 11, first game of the season, first ever PL appearance is risky. Never played a game at Palace remember. His time will come though, Branthwaite and Keane could both be gone soon.

Started the comeback against Palace in 21/22 and got us a big point at Spurs 22/23. Actually had a decent run under Dyche in 22/23. Not saying he's Dixie Dean but think a lot of Toffees are down on this lad more than he deserves.
Have you instead considered that the fact we were in a relegation battle in the first place us because of absolute trash cans like Michael Keane? It's the same logic with Doucoure, "he kept us up" well no he won the last game of the season for us but was equally responsible the previous 37 games.

Yeah would probably be better upfront as he cant defend

Have you instead considered that the fact we were in a relegation battle in the first place us because of absolute trash cans like Michael Keane? It's the same logic with Doucoure, "he kept us up" well no he won the last game of the season for us but was equally responsible the previous 37 games.
Could name a lot of players that contributed to our relegation battles, Keane is low down that list. Gray, Iwobi, Onana and Dele are top. Where talent meets lazy work ethic. But I appreciate now Dele has had addiction issues and I think a contract now he's better benefits his recovery and us.

Let Dyche keep playing him. He will get the boot soon if he continues playing him as he won't get many points with him in the side. We can say we shouldn't get on a player back but he could have found himself a new club. Instead he chose to keep his high wages. No sympathy for him at all.

Could name a lot of players that contributed to our relegation battles, Keane is low down that list. Gray, Iwobi, Onana and Dele are top. Where talent meets lazy work ethic. But I appreciate now Dele has had addiction issues and I think a contract now he's better benefits his recovery and us.
They're all part of the team and over the course of the season are the reason for the position we finish. Dele isn't even in the discussion he barely played. Onana is now playing for a champions league side and already scored his first goal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back