2024/25 Michael Keane

Just to emphasise how far this club has fallen, Keane was the actual captain of Everton football club for a period of time last night - he was our leader on the pitch and the managers representative.

Didn’t do anything well, didn't really make any of his usual ricks or cock ups last night against a very poor saints team - thought O’Brien was the better of our two cbs.

Just to emphasise how far this club has fallen, Keane was the actual captain of Everton football club for a period of time last night - he was our leader on the pitch and the managers representative.

Didn’t do anything well, didn't really make any of his usual ricks or cock ups last night against a very poor saints team - thought O’Brien was the better of our two cbs.
The lad has a decent enough game and still gets stick. Weird.

The lad has a decent enough game and still gets stick. Weird.
Happy enough with him being captain of Everton are you bud? No worries, I’m not.

Said he didn’t do much wrong last night, for a change, he didn’t excel either, and it’s another game where we conceded with him in the defence.

If you don’t think him captaining the side isn’t a sign of how far our standards have fallen, I don’t know what to tell you.

Happy enough with him being captain of Everton are you bud? No worries, I’m not.

Said he didn’t do much wrong last night, for a change, he didn’t excel either, and it’s another game where we conceded with him in the defence.

If you don’t think him captaining the side isn’t a sign of how far our standards have fallen, I don’t know what to tell you.
IMO he should defend the entire box on corners alone. Only fair.

IMO he should defend the entire box on corners alone. Only fair.
Is there anywhere in saying he should defend alone?

Also, we don’t concede many more goals when Keanes in the team, as opposed to when he isn’t?

It’s ok Seany, keep picking him, he’s a good lad who does his best.

He Played ok against saints 3rd team, let’s give him a new contract.

Last edited:

Why do posters like you have to try and spin the argument and put words in peoples mouths? Where did I say I am happy for Michael Keane to captain Everton? He had a solid game yet you choose to single him out for abuse regardless I just think thats odd. Who should have captained a side of newbies and kids then?

Is there anywhere in saying he should defend alone?

Also, we don’t concede many more goals when Keanes in the team, as opposed to when he isn’t?

It’s ok Seany, keep picking him, he’s a good lad who does his best.

He Played ok against saints 3rd team, let’s give him a new contract.
If you’re blaming him for the goal yesterday, which you did do, you’re essentially saying any goal that goes in with him playing is on him. It’s a corner. Everyone has a job. McNeil and/or Doucoure didn’t do their job. It has nothing to do with Keane.

Why do posters like you have to try and spin the argument and put words in peoples mouths? Where did I say I am happy for Michael Keane to captain Everton? He had a solid game yet you choose to single him out for abuse regardless I just think thats odd. Who should have captained a side of newbies and kids then?
Think you’ve missed my point but whatever - the post was highlighting how far this club, who’ve had captains like Labone, ratcliffe, Kevin Campbell to name just 3 has fallen having the likes of Keane a captain.

Dont care if he played ok on the night, I’m going off 5 years of performances from him ffs.

A mentality monster like Keane is a good choice for skipper, brilliant.

How about McNeil or even Harrison as captain?

Or the grandad of Ashley Young perhaps, even though he’s as finished as Keane is? Much more experienced isn’t he?

They all kind of highlight the same point though, how far our standards and club have fallen.

If you’re blaming him for the goal yesterday, which you did do, you’re essentially saying any goal that goes in with him playing is on him. It’s a corner. Everyone has a job. McNeil and/or Doucoure didn’t do their job. It has nothing to do with Keane.
I’m blaming the defence and team with Michael Keane in as at fault for the goal, loads of them don’t do their jobs, but he’s a part of it, as you’ve said above……

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back