Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Much better than what we have, but not top drawer.

More a condemnation of the mediocrity of Jagielka, Williams and the hopeless Funes Mori than it is an endorsement of Keane, but we have to improve somehow and he's a start.

He's good, not Koulibaly/VVD good, but we do need someone that's stronger in the air. Just hope we also make a move for more of a ball playing CB like Lemos. Diego Llorente is also pretty good. Would love to pair Keane with either of those guys.

Grab a keeper, ideally a backup at RB/LB, and the D is sound.

Interesting comparisons with Jags. The thing is, Jags was picked up relatively cheaply as he wasn't courted by big clubs, unlike Keane who is going to be very expensive. With Walsh on board, I was hoping for more Jags style signings and fewer Bolasie style signings.

Open myself up for being quotes down the line but I think we can do better. In fact I would go for Ben Gibson over Keane.

Here is my thinking. Ben Gibson was part of a defence that was well organised and let in very few goals before the team knew it was going down. Whereas Keane was quite exposed at times at Burnley and didn't cope too well with good strikers one on one.

Interesting comparisons with Jags. The thing is, Jags was picked up relatively cheaply as he wasn't courted by big clubs, unlike Keane who is going to be very expensive. With Walsh on board, I was hoping for more Jags style signings and fewer Bolasie style signings.

We signed Jags for 4m, which in todays money is around the 25m Keane will cost.

We will see some Walsh specials, the boy at QPR, this Mendy chap maybe and of course the boy Lookman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back