Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish people would stop telling others not to worry about transfer fees, if myself and others care how well this club is run the leave us to it, I don't for one second think this money is unlimited.

Literally no one thinks our money is unlimited mate

i like how martina has taken about 3 months to conclude and nobody actually gives a damn, yet sandro has been resolved just a tiny bit quicker and everyone's been in a frenzy for months.
I know, Sandro has been reported as signed for ages (pending U21's and his weird relsease clause) yet everyone still threw their toys out the pram when he wasn't signed within 7 seconds of our interest being announced

Wish people would stop telling others not to worry about transfer fees, if myself and others care how well this club is run the leave us to it, I don't for one second think this money is unlimited.
I've listened to a podcast today that explained the finances within football. The intricacies on how we can increase our future spending power is fascinating. Spending big and putting a player onto a long contract helps for future outkays. The other side to this is that we HAVE to get our players in now because our spending power will decrease once we start with the stadium. Besides, £25m on a player that could be a regular starter for England is relatively cheap.

Why do you care tho?

Its not your money, we arent "doing a Leeds", the purge we made in January has cleared the decks and allowed us wiggle room cash wise.

We havent even spent 100m yet, its nothing money for a club that could potentially earn 200m off the field in the next 12months.

Sit back and enjoy the ride, we are paying whatever it takes to sign the players the manager wants, ive never seen the club do that in my life.

Honestly, dont worry about transfer fees.

Why do you care tho?
Its not your money, we arent "doing a Leeds", the purge we made in January has cleared the decks and allowed us wiggle room cash wise.
We havent even spent 100m yet, its nothing money for a club that could potentially earn 200m off the field in the next 12months.
Sit back and enjoy the ride, we are paying whatever it takes to sign the players the manager wants, ive never seen the club do that in my life.
There's the answer right there for most on here I feel.
Us that have seen our club do that demand more without giving it a 2nd thought.
This is the "real Everton" once again.

Why do you care tho?

we're run by a billionaire accountant, but some people on here think they know what we can or can't spend.

Funny really.

Last edited:
I've listened to a podcast today that explained the finances within football. The intricacies on how we can increase our future spending power is fascinating. Spending big and putting a player onto a long contract helps for future outkays. The other side to this is that we HAVE to get our players in now because our spending power will decrease once we start with the stadium. Besides, £25m on a player that could be a regular starter for England is relatively cheap.

Being a regular starter for England isn't an indicator of being a decent player though is it? I'd like him to announce his retirement from international football the same day he signs.

There's the answer right there for most on here I feel.
Us that have seen our club do that demand more without giving it a 2nd thought.
This is the "real Everton" once again.

Well I grew up the 80s, it clearly wasnt like now, information regarding fees wasnt easily googled, so no real idea at the time of what we were spending, we just won trophies, thats all I knew.

But this, EVEN, EVEN if we sell Lukaku to "pay for it all", this just feels unreal.

Well I grew up the 80s, it clearly wasnt like now, information regarding fees wasnt easily googled, so no real idea at the time of what we were spending, we just won trophies, thats all I knew.

But this, EVEN, EVEN if we sell Lukaku to "pay for it all", this just feels unreal.
I think we will spend a good 75% of that fee as well :pint2:

Go listen the the Business Matters podcast from the blue room.

Listen to all 5. It is guaranteed to make you learn something by the end of it.

Being a regular starter for England isn't an indicator of being a decent player though is it? I'd like him to announce his retirement from international football the same day he signs.
Whilst I'd agree about him retiring have to reiterate that £25m is not a lot for an England international. Some teams would pay double that for a centre half that can't defend as well as him...

I think both sides of the ‘how much we’re spending’ argument make valid points. It’s clearly not our money & we can enjoy the ride, but ultimately, the club will owe someone, somewhere, at sometime down the path.

Like many, I’m enjoying the ride but I can certainly understand the hesitation that hardened, long term fans feel. I think it’s a mix of general scepticism, and concern about how the fabric of the club may change.

I feel that we’re living through a very ‘interesting’ time in the clubs history.

Koeman, who took Jagielka with him to visit the injured Seamus Coleman at home in Donegal this week, said: “Now he is playing again his attitude is perfect! I’m joking but of course it was a difficult situation for him in the beginning of 2017. He wasn’t getting game time and it was difficult. After that he changed his attitude and he accepted, and he could see the different direction the club is going.

Yes, really. Been a fine servant, but unfortunately he's past his best and has been for a while, ditto Leighton Baines. There was a reason RK dropped him. That quote above also suggests that RK believed he had a bad attitude, or an attitude that didn't fit with what was required....personally, I wouldn't expect that of a Captain, after all it's his role to motivate etc.

I read that as 'he was fed up to be left out but, when RK explained his new standing in the squad, he got on with it'.
Not sure why you would read that any differently really but, each to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back