2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know we've not faced opponents of any class yet but our defensive record last season was pretty good with lesser players, of Keane and Pickford improve it further it will be very positive in terms of racking up clean sheets. Think we just need one more first choice CB to go with them then we have a good stable with Williams Jags and Holgate in reserve.

There is no doubt that if we had another centre half of his ilk we would be a much better unit at the back but if we have only enough money for one more top class purchase I would bring in a centre forward. Jags/Williams/Holgate can cover for this season and then bring in a really top class partner for him next year.
If we have the finances for both it is happy days.

There is no doubt that if we had another centre half of his ilk we would be a much better unit at the back but if we have only enough money for one more top class purchase I would bring in a centre forward. Jags/Williams/Holgate can cover for this season and then bring in a really top class partner for him next year.
If we have the finances for both it is happy days.

Van Dijk and Keane with Pickford would get us close to the top four based on clean sheets alone. It'd be ridiculously good.

Will never happen sadly but it would be incredible.

Imagine how good we'd be with another centre back (or a 27 year old Jags) next to him. Gibson would be my realistic choice, but we don't seem interested.

Van Dijk and Keane with Pickford would get us close to the top four based on clean sheets alone. It'd be ridiculously good.

Will never happen sadly but it would be incredible.

Having reflected on this I would agree, if we could get a centre half of Van Dijk' s class we wouldn't need to score a lot of goals to get results.
I would be concerned we would get in a stop gap type of player and then not replace him in the following windows. If we are building I would prefer we took a bit of time and only bought real class

Having reflected on this I would agree, if we could get a centre half of Van Dijk' s class we wouldn't need to score a lot of goals to get results.
I would be concerned we would get in a stop gap type of player and then not replace him in the following windows. If we are building I would prefer we took a bit of time and only bought real class
This. I don't necessarily think it's the end of the world if we don't get another centre half in this summer. Jags, Williams and maybe even Besic can rotate in with Funes Mori still to come back. No need to panic buy if the player in question isn't of the calibre we're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back