Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this lad in the Belgian squad? Not sure who they have to replace Benteke (obv Lukaku). Not saying that international recognition is paramount but big risk to splash a lot of cash on a relative unknown quantity.

on stanby, they picked lukaku and mertens as their only two strikers oddly

so if lukaku signs a new chelsea deal and we get him on loan again, with batshuayi for £7m, we have a lot of money left over to spend elsewhere, we may even save it again for next summer for maybe another attempt at lukaku?

or we could get remy for about £10-12m and batshuayi for £7m and then fill the rest with cheap options with a £5m or £6m winger like mirallas. we can all hope the money's there.

Not sure I want Lukaku again if he signed a new contract with chelsea

why would it be any different to this season? i'm sure the large majority of us never believed we had a hope of signing him perm at the start of last season, it wouldn't be much different.

if he helps us qualify for champions league to allow us to spend £20m+ on him/his replacement all at the cost of his loan fee then it is definitely not a bad thing imo.

Not sure I want Lukaku again if he signed a new contract with chelsea

Do not understand this at all. If Lukaku re-signs on loan, it free's up money to spend on other parts of the squad which need improvement. Yeh i'd be happier if he came permanently, but we also need to bolster other areas of the team.

I'd be more than happy with this window tbh!
Lukaku - loan
Traore loan/Batshuayi (or similar) £7-10mil.
Tadic (playmaker type) £10mil.
Milner £10mil./Loan player (Depending if we signed a perm. striker)
Barry - Free

why would it be any different to this season? i'm sure the large majority of us never believed we had a hope of signing him perm at the start of last season, it wouldn't be much different.

if he helps us qualify for champions league to allow us to spend £20m+ on him/his replacement all at the cost of his loan fee then it is definitely not a bad thing imo.

Maybe but we should really buy him ourselves, Rather Lukaku push a move to us then rather sign a new contract with Chelsea

Do not understand this at all. If Lukaku re-signs on loan, it free's up money to spend on other parts of the squad which need improvement. Yeh i'd be happier if he came permanently, but we also need to bolster other areas of the team.

I'd be more than happy with this window tbh!
Lukaku - loan
Traore loan/Batshuayi (or similar) £7-10mil.
Tadic (playmaker type) £10mil.
Milner £10mil./Loan player (Depending if we signed a perm. striker)
Barry - Free

That would be a squad good enough to get in the top 4 IMO. Milner would be a top signing and a player like Tadic would show real intent. If that team got us into the champions league, we could then start looking at signing Lukaku permanently, or spending big on a player like Volland (who's said he'll stay at Hoffenheim this season, or whichever else striker is on top form - maybe Bony if he stayed at Swansea this year and improves/stays consistent.) Could even end up with Traore on the cheap.

Another Lukaku loan could actually be more beneficial for all parties in the long term. Unfortunately I can see hi ending up at Atletico, but let's hope not!

We must make a bid too. IMO this kid is more suitable for us than bony at a cheaper price and potentially much higher resale value. No brainer

It would be amazing to hear the Street end pumping out "Dinner dinner dinner dinner BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back