Mikel Arteta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Mikel, joined Arsenal a season too late. Hardly set the league on fire there, and could be a casualty if Wenger decides to hop it.
Thanks for the good years but the final 18 months were a disgrace.

He's been one of our best players this season. In fact I would say he's been our third/fourth best player this season behind Van Persie and Koscielny. The guy has become not only one of the first names in the team, but one of the leaders in the team. Also a big fan favourite. Both against Spurs and Chelsea he was our best midfielder and he has improved Song alot. Arteta is one of the most unselfish players i have seen for Arsenal. the way he works for the team and always cover Song is fantastic.

He's been one of our best players this season. In fact I would say he's been our third/fourth best player this season behind Van Persie and Koscielny. The guy has become not only one of the first names in the team, but one of the leaders in the team. Also a big fan favourite. Both against Spurs and Chelsea he was our best midfielder and he has improved Song alot. Arteta is one of the most unselfish players i have seen for Arsenal. the way he works for the team and always cover Song is fantastic.

Was going to say this. Any Arsenal player whose opinion i trust has said Arteta has been brilliant for them. He doesn't do the same job that he did for us, from what i've seen he has a deeper role within the midfield, rather than being an out and out playmaker like he was for us when he joined.

So to sum up, he made a great career move

I still love the handsome devil, that season when he got the knee injury he was as good as any everton player has ever been in the prem era, hes also been good for arsenal, and I believe him when he says hes still a blue

Still doesn't feel right seeing him in anything other than blue though. Seems a nice bloke and was a very astute buy. I wonder if Cahills form this season had a little to do with him going?

Was my favourite player for alot of years. Tbf it was a good move for both player and club at the time (money wise) He gave us his best years. I think seeing pienaar leave and the fact we spent no money trying to improve the squad in the summer made his mind up. It was kind of now or never for arteta to play CL and try and win something. Unfortunately we had gone backwards and were going to be 2-3 years away from moving forward if even possible too.

Iv always liked arsenal, prob my second fav team, so softened the blow a little for me. Believe me he's been one of there most influential players this year.

Great guy, great player, sure he will get a great reception and will hit the first man from his first corner!

Had a soft spot for Arsenal since 1989 when they showed me how funny it could be seeing grown men cry. Glad to see Mikel doing well there.

Everton fans will welcome him back to Goodison with the usual aplomb that great ex players deserve.

Any booo'ers should be slung out.

But I hope he has a crap game and VP gets JH'd early on. EFC 2 - Arseholes 0. hehe

Clap him then snap him.

We are Everton. FFS

Exactly.

Hey Mikel! Welcome Back!

BAM!

0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back