2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
The long and the short of it is that we stupid to let him go on loan. We were struggling for no's up front anyway and letting Kean go made no sense to me at all. The amount of points we have thrown away at home is going to cost us big time this season, and who knows what difference Kean would have made against the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, West Ham etc.... So frustrating

Who knows what we could get for him,
But I’ve seen quite a lot on Twitter, saying we will just get our money back because of his agent. And that if we get Europe we can get 40 if not 30. Sounds very bizarre to me.
Maybe they know something I don’t.

But you wouid think With 3 years left we wouid be in a decent position to get the price we want or very close to it. Juve got 25 off us. When they would have lost him for nothing 6months later.

I think we paid £22mil down with £5mil more in clauses...doubt weve hit any/many.

I think the whole thing is soul searching, for us as a club. Its quite mad what has happened as i said we have on eof the best young strikers in Europe and scraping around for a six month deal for a striker for the championship on deadline day. Do we accept, we cant develop or offer pathways to the Looknmans and Keans, and just go for Josh Kings. The pattern is prevailing. Its a real question of strategy, whats the point of going out and signing another wonder kid PSG and Dortmund would love if we cant do anything with them or make them purposeful. should we just target players of Josh King and Iwobis profile. Big questions.

Personally i think the club is culpable, if you have ambitious for the CL you have cultivate a squad, our mentality doesnt match that in this thread there are so many excuses- players dont want to be here, would you play them over DCL, if they are not in the starting 11 they are no use. Its small time mentality, as a club we need the people and we need the skills to make sure we dont leak this talent and managing a squad of 25 players with different needs if we want to be anything more at the moment then what we are. As fans we need to change our mindsets, constantly caricaturing players as not wanting to be here, we can have one but not the other or just wasnt the right league for him at 20 - thats all quite mad and we need to change that mentality. The club also needs to do better or else change strategy.

Its a huge trajedy that we cant do anything with Kean, i think everyone can see he is supremely talented on an upward trajectory, doing it at a level we as club aspire to - yet cant make it work. thats a shocking incitements on us as club, our approach skills and strategy. We need to do better, because how can we be short upfront, why do we need to bring in a Championship stiker, when he have a lad we own tearing it doing the business domestically and CL. Its shockingly bad and becoming a trend, with other young players.

I agree, its poor.

However, we know that Ancelotti and Brands are both able to pick out talent...

At the moment we need a RB, CM, RF, GK to come and start in the summer. Lets say Moshiri puts up another £60mil like last summer + we get £60mil for Kean and say £30-40mil for the players we want sold.

Thats circa £150mil which could go a really long way.

Atletico used to sell their top forwards for big money and replace + strengthen other areas...perhaps we do the same.

We blew that kind of money under Walsh/Koeman but with most of their signings sold or out of contract this and next summer...now could be our second chance.

At 19 he was getting games for juve & Italy.

when we signed him we were also linked with another young striker Leao who went to Milan.
he got 6 goals in 31 games for Milan last season, compared to kean’s 2 in 29. But you have to take into consideration how many were starts. Leao has improved this season with 5 in 17.

I just think it’s to early to write him off, who knows where he will be in a few years.
And just because in you opinion Altidore would score a hatful at PSG, does that mean Mbappe is overrated and lewandoswski is,
because he scores for the best side in the German league.

Leao plays wide left usually for Milan so his goals arent going to be as much as if it was a centre forward.

But i agree with your point. His talent is obvious and always has been.

If he comes back, brilliant...if not then we need to capture a large fee and spend the money wisely.

As per my post above, lets say we sold him then Raiola did us a favour on Donnarumma (however unlikely) and we brought in players like Camavinga etc with the money.

We wont know if this is a huge benefit till the summer...

The long and the short of it is that we stupid to let him go on loan. We were struggling for no's up front anyway and letting Kean go made no sense to me at all. The amount of points we have thrown away at home is going to cost us big time this season, and who knows what difference Kean would have made against the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, West Ham etc.... So frustrating

Nah, Kean was having very very minimal impact and couldn’t get game time. Highly doubt we’d be much better off with him.

A loan spell in France has been great for him, and us, as it preserves/increases his value.

Nah, Kean was having very very minimal impact and couldn’t get game time. Highly doubt we’d be much better off with him.

A loan spell in France has been great for him, and us, as it preserves/increases his value.
I get the increase in value logic, but I am sure he would have made an impact against some of the lesser teams. Ran the show against Newcastle last year, and if we had just picked up 4 points from Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, Fulham at home we would be in top 4 now

The mental gymnastics.

'BarcelonaFC are crap now anyway'

'Mark Pembridge would score 20 goals in that PSG side with them players around him.'

Urrr murrr guuurrddd

As a young player who is still finding his feet in the game, I would expect him to want to play first team football; in fact, I'd be more worried if he wasn't.

He wasn't being chosen here for whatever reason, so a loan deal to PNE will give him experience of first team football, build his physicality and learn his trade.

In the long-term, I suspect (well hope) he will envisage playing for Everton and this loan is merely a stepping stone on the journey. Right now, he's not ready.

As I've previously said, Kean's loan deal at PSG is most likely to be a win-win situation for us: he either comes back better or we sell him for more.
I feel like all of these statements apply to both Kean and Gordon, just that they are different levels of prospects so they've gone to different level clubs too. Gordon going to PNE could also be a win-win for the same reason and the first two paragraphs are fairly true of Kean.

I feel like all of these statements apply to both Kean and Gordon, just that they are different levels of prospects so they've gone to different level clubs too. Gordon going to PNE could also be a win-win for the same reason and the first two paragraphs are fairly true of Kean.
They could. My personal view is that Kean has a higher-ceiling in the wider game than Gordon has, but ultimately he may not be able to make it at the PL.

It's great to see him scoring goals in France and he was obviously relatively well thought of at Juve, but with my own eyes I saw a raw yet frustrating player.

Gordon may not have the potential to reach the heights of Kean, however I'm more confident that he may eventually make a career here at Everton / in England.

I sincerely hope that Kean does prove me wrong by coming back here and scoring goals; if he doesn't, well I think there's a lot of capacity for us financially.

Likewise, I hope Gordon thrives at PNE and comes back a better player for us. From what I saw of him, I think he still has a long way to go before he's ready.

it depends, if that lad has six clubs in six years he doesn't reach his full potential.
Do you think Mino Raiola's primary concern is that Moise Kean reaches his potential, or that Mino Raiola earns a load of money by hawking him around Europe? The only reason Pogba left Utd was Raiola, and the only reason he's still there 2nd time around is because he is mature enough to stand up to him. He's tried to move him on every year!

It was hardly a risk though when we had a talent like Tosun in the ranks. The most complete forward I've ever seen.

I think we paid £22mil down with £5mil more in clauses...doubt weve hit any/many.

I agree, its poor.

However, we know that Ancelotti and Brands are both able to pick out talent...

At the moment we need a RB, CM, RF, GK to come and start in the summer. Lets say Moshiri puts up another £60mil like last summer + we get £60mil for Kean and say £30-40mil for the players we want sold.

Thats circa £150mil which could go a really long way.

Atletico used to sell their top forwards for big money and replace + strengthen other areas...perhaps we do the same.

We blew that kind of money under Walsh/Koeman but with most of their signings sold or out of contract this and next summer...now could be our second chance.

Leao plays wide left usually for Milan so his goals arent going to be as much as if it was a centre forward.

But i agree with your point. His talent is obvious and always has been.

If he comes back, brilliant...if not then we need to capture a large fee and spend the money wisely.

As per my post above, lets say we sold him then Raiola did us a favour on Donnarumma (however unlikely) and we brought in players like Camavinga etc with the money.

We wont know if this is a huge benefit till the summer...

£60m for Kean.... in what world are you living in mate?

Do you think Mino Raiola's primary concern is that Moise Kean reaches his potential, or that Mino Raiola earns a load of money by hawking him around Europe? The only reason Pogba left Utd was Raiola, and the only reason he's still there 2nd time around is because he is mature enough to stand up to him. He's tried to move him on every year!
perhaps he has, or it's just negotiating tactics. As a top agent though, he needs to be able to show he has the best interests of his client in mind, and also to ensure they reach their full potential (financial). if i was him, i would have a more sophisticated model than just moving the chess pieces every nine months.

You can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink it.

You're throwing out questions that only the players can answer.

End of the day, Kean is out on loan. He's our player. He comes back...see what he says to Carlo.

Before that, what you're alluding to is what? Play Kean regularly to make him happy? If he doesn't improve, what then? Keeping playing him?

What the difference between Kean at PSG and Everton - he's played. So i know thats not what you were going for, but it does illustrate that differentiation.

To cut the next argument short, you think hes low on quality and didnt do enough, i think hes high on quality and was impactful whenever given the opportunity, those view points will ultimately end with us agreeing to disagree (though to be fair hes gone on to back up my assessment at PSG).

£60m for Kean.... in what world are you living in mate?

He wouldnt have been far off that value at Juventus but for his 1 year contract.

What do you think one of the most highly rated u21 players in the world should be priced at?

60m sounds about right to me. Maybe start there and settle around 50m with add ons.

Or we get cash and Xavi Simons :p

Then bring in Camavinga....

Now that would be a good use of Kean money + some extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back