2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole thing is soul searching, for us as a club. Its quite mad what has happened as i said we have on eof the best young strikers in Europe and scraping around for a six month deal for a striker for the championship on deadline day. Do we accept, we cant develop or offer pathways to the Looknmans and Keans, and just go for Josh Kings. The pattern is prevailing. Its a real question of strategy, whats the point of going out and signing another wonder kid PSG and Dortmund would love if we cant do anything with them or make them purposeful. should we just target players of Josh King and Iwobis profile. Big questions.

Personally i think the club is culpable, if you have ambitious for the CL you have cultivate a squad, our mentality doesnt match that in this thread there are so many excuses- players dont want to be here, would you play them over DCL, if they are not in the starting 11 they are no use. Its small time mentality, as a club we need the people and we need the skills to make sure we dont leak this talent and managing a squad of 25 players with different needs if we want to be anything more at the moment then what we are. As fans we need to change our mindsets, constantly caricaturing players as not wanting to be here, we can have one but not the other or just wasnt the right league for him at 20 - thats all quite mad and we need to change that mentality. The club also needs to do better or else change strategy.

Its a huge trajedy that we cant do anything with Kean, i think everyone can see he is supremely talented on an upward trajectory, doing it at a level we as club aspire to - yet cant make it work. thats a shocking incitements on us as club, our approach skills and strategy. We need to do better, because how can we be short upfront, why do we need to bring in a Championship stiker, when he have a lad we own tearing it doing the business domestically and CL. Its shockingly bad and becoming a trend, with other young players.
I think you may some great points.

For me it’s all about playing in Europe and really the champions league and finally challenging for trophies. We need to be seen as a big club across Europe. Or we will struggle to attract top youngsters. They ain’t coming to sit on the bench for 2yrs.

Even Spurs, who’ve played champions league football 4 of the last 5 years. Can’t get a quality back up for Kane. Liverpool have had the same front 3 for 4 seasons. Who’ve hardly any injuries. They would have been scrapping the barrel if they had.

Maybe the josh king type signing is where we’re at , at this moment. Or probably the only top player we could sign, would be a Zaha who could play across the front 3. And happy the compete with 3 others for 3 positions.

Or you maybe go for a youngster who’s a level below ie lookman, who sits on the bench, then goes on loan the next season, but even they won’t wait around for 3/4 years.

Who knows what we could get for him,
But I’ve seen quite a lot on Twitter, saying we will just get our money back because of his agent. And that if we get Europe we can get 40 if not 30. Sounds very bizarre to me.
Maybe they know something I don’t.

But you wouid think With 3 years left we wouid be in a decent position to get the price we want or very close to it. Juve got 25 off us. When they would have lost him for nothing 6months later.

Teams will be aware of Kean's desire to leave, coupled with the fact that we won't want to keep an unhappy player sulking around, therefore may be forced to compromise.

Based on his performances for us, if we made our money back i'd be pretty happy.

I think the whole thing is soul searching, for us as a club. Its quite mad what has happened as i said we have on eof the best young strikers in Europe and scraping around for a six month deal for a striker for the championship on deadline day. Do we accept, we cant develop or offer pathways to the Looknmans and Keans, and just go for Josh Kings. The pattern is prevailing. Its a real question of strategy, whats the point of going out and signing another wonder kid PSG and Dortmund would love if we cant do anything with them or make them purposeful. should we just target players of Josh King and Iwobis profile. Big questions.

Personally i think the club is culpable, if you have ambitious for the CL you have cultivate a squad, our mentality doesnt match that in this thread there are so many excuses- players dont want to be here, would you play them over DCL, if they are not in the starting 11 they are no use. Its small time mentality, as a club we need the people and we need the skills to make sure we dont leak this talent and managing a squad of 25 players with different needs if we want to be anything more at the moment then what we are. As fans we need to change our mindsets, constantly caricaturing players as not wanting to be here, we can have one but not the other or just wasnt the right league for him at 20 - thats all quite mad and we need to change that mentality. The club also needs to do better or else change strategy.

Its a huge trajedy that we cant do anything with Kean, i think everyone can see he is supremely talented on an upward trajectory, doing it at a level we as club aspire to - yet cant make it work. thats a shocking incitements on us as club, our approach skills and strategy. We need to do better, because how can we be short upfront, why do we need to bring in a Championship stiker, when he have a lad we own tearing it doing the business domestically and CL. Its shockingly bad and becoming a trend, with other young players.

The difference is that PSG and Dortmund are both playing in the CL already and have much lesser opposition on their league to compete with, meaning they can afford more opportunities to young players.

Right now we're fighting to get into Europe and compete with the best in the league, we don't have the luxury of giving lots of chances to young players so they can prove themselves. It's sad but absolutely the right thing for the club to do. If we did that, we'd end up just like Southampton or Rennes or Valencia where you have to sell them off to the better teams as you can't give them the platform they eventually need.

He scored for us on his last two league starts. They just happened to be 7 months apart. Which is kind of the definition of not getting chances.
So he scored on his start at the end of last season, presumably giving him a bit of a boost, so why then didn’t he start at Spurs? Why did he struggle against League 2 Salford?

A few months at PSG, importantly on loan, scoring goals doesn't confirm he is now the kind of personality that won't drop his head again at the first sight of adversity if he came back, in my opinion. He is the polar opposite of a Lukaku or a DCL in that regard, who were both absolutely bulletproof. To me, that's a sign he's not the right fit.

I don't know, but it's just a suspicion that if PSG sign him and he is all of a sudden a valued squad member with a big transfer fee, on a higher wage, then at some point, challenges will come, expectations will have been established, criticism will come his way and his head will drop again and he'll get bombed out. I suspect that being told he has to stay here will have that effect anyway to be honest.

I could be completely wrong and he may sign for them and have a great time there, it's just the impression I got of him while he was here watching his sub appearances waiting for something (and then getting OT, for example).

I don't really care how many goals he scores on his loan there. I'd keep a steady hand here and take even a modest profit for him in the summer. I feel that in the long-run, we won't look bad.

I'm still holding out a shred of hope for a 40m+ ffp bailout but the reality is we're in an awful negotiating position for many reasons.

Cos both threw titty lips about not getting game time over better players and decided not to stay. Both think they're better than Everton at a young age.

They may be. They maybe not. But if they don't want to play for us, get someone who does.
This is nonsense. Everyone was delighted to hear Gordon earlier in the season talk about wanting more game time and going to Carlo directly to demand it yet out of all players that moaned about game time among Lookman, Kean and Gordon it’s only Lookman and Kean who get vilified for it.

No one claims Gordon had attitude problems, no one says he needs to show more effort in training. In fact everyone clamoured for him to get more game time because of it despite as I said not showing nearly enough. Kean and Lookman went out on loan to Champions League sides and played very well, Gordon went out to a mid table Championship side and doesn’t seem to have played yet.

Interesting why those 2 specifically get abuse for wanting to play and brought up constantly, claiming they’re lazy and crap yet Gordon just needs time and is well in his right to demand more game time. What makes them different?....

You can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink it.

You're throwing out questions that only the players can answer.

End of the day, Kean is out on loan. He's our player. He comes back...see what he says to Carlo.

Before that, what you're alluding to is what? Play Kean regularly to make him happy? If he doesn't improve, what then? Keeping playing him?

This is nonsense. Everyone was delighted to hear Gordon earlier in the season talk about wanting more game time and going to Carlo directly to demand it yet out of all players that moaned about game time among Lookman, Kean and Gordon it’s only Lookman and Kean who get vilified for it.

No one claims Gordon had attitude problems, no one says he needs to show more effort in training. In fact everyone clamoured for him to get more game time because of it despite as I said not showing nearly enough. Kean and Lookman went out on loan to Champions League sides and played very well, Gordon went out to a mid table Championship side and doesn’t seem to have played yet.

Interesting why those 2 specifically get abuse for wanting to play and brought up constantly, claiming they’re lazy and crap yet Gordon just needs time and is well in his right to demand more game time. What makes them different?....

No one's abusing them. The difference is Gordon wants to play for Everton, Kean and Lookman don't/didn't.

I don't see it as an attitude problem or them sulking. I see it as they think they're better than playing for Everton. So rather than biding time and grabbing the opportunity to play for us, they haven't and found moves away.

Silva didn't want rid of Lookman, Carlo doesn't want to get rid of Kean. Brands wanted Lookman to stay, and wants Kean to stay.

It's up to the players. That's the point.

He scored for us on his last two league starts. They just happened to be 7 months apart. Which is kind of the definition of not getting chances.

He played 29 times and started 6 games last season. Scored 2 goals.

I must have missed all those appearances where people thought "Yeah. He should start next game".

It's not a charity. You earn your place. Silva and Carlo make that decision.

I don't get the argument that the club has let him down rather than looking at the player and asking "has he done enough?"

buddies i really hate to this but u r the farmers and u cultivate everton failure.
To be fair just because he has scored a few goals in a poor French Ligue 1 playing with Neymar and Mbappe plus Veratti & co behind him doesn't all of a sudden make him a world beater. My opinion was based off what i had seen of him playing for Everton and he was not very good 99% of the time.
Jose Altidore would score a hat full in that PSG side, doesnt make him a great player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back