2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody could say that because he wasn't really put in a position where people could form that much of an opinion of him.

But we formed opinions on Lookman's, Gordon's etc who had similar introductions. Same with Dom. They impressed on limited game time.

Again, there's no shame in admitting Kean has struggled. On the back of that, he would rather play elsewhere than try to break into our team.

You can't persuade a young player to play for us, fight for a place, if he's not interested. And if his agent can get him champs league football...how is that the club's fault?

But we formed opinions on Lookman's, Gordon's etc who had similar introductions. Same with Dom. They impressed on limited game time.

Again, there's no shame in admitting Kean has struggled. On the back of that, he would rather play elsewhere than try to break into our team.

You can't persuade a young player to play for us, fight for a place, if he's not interested. And if his agent can get him champs league football...how is that the club's fault?

Hang on, just so I'm reading this right

Your saying we based an opinion on lookman Gordon and DCL because they impressed under similar circumstances to Kean ( who hadntnmpressed )

Yet Gordon is in the championship, lookman is about to be relegated and fair enough on DCL who has come good, but early opinions on DCL where awful because he looked awful ( he was played out of position early on tbf )

Just accept you are wrong and Kean actually is a good young player

The whole situation is quite made really, we own probably one of the most prolific young striker in Europe, we loan him out to a team capable of winning the CL, hes smashing it domestically and Europe and some how we end up, screaming for a forward, refreshing our pages on deadline day, praying we can get a 6 month deal over the line for Josh King.

Defo didn't drop a clanger there at all.

He had no interest in putting a shift in here for us. Unfortunately it's a transfer that hasn't worked out, however, we'll still make our money back on him at least.

I’d like to have given him a run of 5 or 6 games, but his appearances as sub ranged from ineffectual to awful.

When he did play this season in the cup (yes he scored a pen and a tap in), he was dreadful.

Anyway, doesn’t want to be here and will never play for us again, so not gonna worry about him.

Hang on, just so I'm reading this right

Your saying we based an opinion on lookman Gordon and DCL because they impressed under similar circumstances to Kean ( who hadntnmpressed )

Yet Gordon is in the championship, lookman is about to be relegated and fair enough on DCL who has come good, but early opinions on DCL where awful because he looked awful ( he was played out of position early on tbf )

Just accept you are wrong and Kean actually is a good young player

No, the point is he hasn't shown for Everton that he's a good player. Where as the others had shown something that you'd want to believe in to say they've should be kept with.

Additionally, it's the player who wants to prove themselves, not the club. If the player wants to do that elsewhere, we can't force him to stay put. Which was the case with Lookman and now Kean.

I don't buy that we've mishandled Kean at all. I buy he's struggled and found more glamorous places to play in less harsh conditions.

if he goes he goes but we will get a lot more money than we paid for him
This is exactly right.

Why would he want to come back, really? He had a torrid time here, and he's proven he can cut it on a big stage elsewhere. I just can't see him wanting to come back, or being motivated to succeed here even if he did.

Let him go, bank the cash, no hard feelings. Before this loan, I think it's fair to say almost everyone would've snapped the hand off any team offering us what we paid for him. There's a decent chance we might get even more for him now.

This is exactly right.

Why would he want to come back, really? He had a torrid time here, and he's proven he can cut it on a big stage elsewhere. I just can't see him wanting to come back, or being motivated to succeed here even if he did.

Let him go, bank the cash, no hard feelings. Before this loan, I think it's fair to say almost everyone would've snapped the hand off any team offering us what we paid for him. There's a decent chance we might get even more for him now.
Yup. He just seemed completely disinterested here. Didn’t work out for him and now he’s flying at PSG, playing with world class players all around him.

Flog him to the highest bidder and move on. Wish him nothing but the best.

Lookman didnt do much of note in the limited game time he got for us, Gordon has not played nearly enough to judge. Some still think that DCL is the young lad who cant score goals, that's just people being stupid.

I keep seeing he isn't interested all the time, nobody knows that at all. He probably doesn't want to play for us now that PSG are in for him (totally understandable if you are not a fan of the club) but his struggles with us where not really down to lack of interest or effort., he just happened to have another young striker in front of him who was on fire. It happens. For one reason or another we could not give him the playing time that he needed to develop here.

So you're saying Ferguson failed Forlan?

Not the fact Ruud and Ole were banging goals for fun over him?

In fact, Forlan apparently worked his balls off to make it happen at United. It just didn't work out.

We saying Kean and Lookman did the same? Or we saying we failed to embrace their talent that only champions League teams can only do?
I'm not saying that.

Who knows what we could get for him,
But I’ve seen quite a lot on Twitter, saying we will just get our money back because of his agent. And that if we get Europe we can get 40 if not 30. Sounds very bizarre to me.
Maybe they know something I don’t.

But you wouid think With 3 years left we wouid be in a decent position to get the price we want or very close to it. Juve got 25 off us. When they would have lost him for nothing 6months later.

I think the whole thing is soul searching, for us as a club. Its quite mad what has happened as i said we have on eof the best young strikers in Europe and scraping around for a six month deal for a striker for the championship on deadline day. Do we accept, we cant develop or offer pathways to the Looknmans and Keans, and just go for Josh Kings. The pattern is prevailing. Its a real question of strategy, whats the point of going out and signing another wonder kid PSG and Dortmund would love if we cant do anything with them or make them purposeful. should we just target players of Josh King and Iwobis profile. Big questions.

Personally i think the club is culpable, if you have ambitious for the CL you have cultivate a squad, our mentality doesnt match that in this thread there are so many excuses- players dont want to be here, would you play them over DCL, if they are not in the starting 11 they are no use. Its small time mentality, as a club we need the people and we need the skills to make sure we dont leak this talent and managing a squad of 25 players with different needs if we want to be anything more at the moment then what we are. As fans we need to change our mindsets, constantly caricaturing players as not wanting to be here, we can have one but not the other or just wasnt the right league for him at 20 - thats all quite mad and we need to change that mentality. The club also needs to do better or else change strategy.

Its a huge trajedy that we cant do anything with Kean, i think everyone can see he is supremely talented on an upward trajectory, doing it at a level we as club aspire to - yet cant make it work. thats a shocking incitements on us as club, our approach skills and strategy. We need to do better, because how can we be short upfront, why do we need to bring in a Championship stiker, when he have a lad we own tearing it doing the business domestically and CL. Its shockingly bad and becoming a trend, with other young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back